Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo-jetty-server[git] and org.eclipse.virgo.apps.admin.plan(Some problems with the build and the admin app is not accessible)
Virgo-jetty-server[git] and org.eclipse.virgo.apps.admin.plan [message #652821] Mon, 07 February 2011 08:18 Go to next message
Nylan is currently offline NylanFriend
Hello,

I've checked out the virgo-jetty-server from the git repository and build it without greater problems.

When starting the jetty-server there are some problems:

• most of the jetty bundles are missing (fixed by copying them into the repository/usr)
  • org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm cannot be found (fixed - version mismatch, changed the plan files)
  • org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot has status lazy ( fixed: start manually , ss 42)
  • starting the jetty.osgi.boot works and the org.eclipse.virgo.apps.admin.plan is installed, but localhost:8080/admin shows only a 404 error

This was my first look at the virgo product and I know I've used a probably unstable build, but could someone explain me, if I've missed something?

Thanks!
Best regards!

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2011 08:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Virgo-jetty-server[git] and org.eclipse.virgo.apps.admin.plan [message #652848 is a reply to message #652821] Mon, 07 February 2011 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

Our Jetty integration work is still a work in progress and I'm actually doing some work this week that should, hopefully, get all the things you have mentioned working. No promises though, wouldn't be surprised if I hit further issues as this is all very new code Wink

If want to look at Virgo, I recommend using our main build, web-server. This uses Tomcat via the Gemini.Web project as the web container. This is much more stable and feature rich. You can download built versions from our website http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/download/

The Admin console is not working at the moment as Jetty OSGi doesn't support JSTL tags. A new version has been released that does and I'm upgrading to that this week. This new version will also remove the lazy start bundle.

Even after this work some things will still be missing, such as support for legacy war files. Do you have a particular reason for wanting to use Jetty, it would be interesting to know.

Thanks for posting,
Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Virgo-jetty-server[git] and org.eclipse.virgo.apps.admin.plan [message #652986 is a reply to message #652848] Mon, 07 February 2011 19:49 Go to previous message
Nylan is currently offline NylanFriend
Thanks for the quick reply. I will look out for your future changes. Very Happy

We are currently evaluating the migration of our frontend to a osgi/spring dm solution.

So far we used a jetty<>tapestry solution and we are currently evaluating the impact of the changes. ( especially regarding some nice features provided by tapestry 5)

Best regards
Previous Topic:Virgo (Spring DM Server) Clustering
Next Topic:Shutdown issues after modifying Virgo's ports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:49:58 GMT 2024