Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » where to put splash image for eclipse java application(The folder location for the JAVA 6 splash image file )
where to put splash image for eclipse java application [message #652429] Thu, 03 February 2011 21:04
William Weder is currently offline William WederFriend
I downloaded the example from http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop /javase6/splashscreen/
that is , the SplashTest class, and downloaded the gif example as splash.gif.
placed the splash.gif file in the same folder as all the SplashTest.java class source code. When the example class SplashTest is run as a java application in the debugger or as a java application, the java 6 splash is not displayed. I get a message that the SplashScreen.getSplashScreen() returned null. How is this supposed to work?
I tried creating a manifest file as follows to run it from the command line, and that gets the same result
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: SudokuWJW.SplashTest
SplashScreen-Image: splash.gif
Apparently JAVA cannot find the splash.gif file and therefore is not able to start the single instance of SplashScreen. Is this a bug or am
I doing something wrong?

thanks
wjweder@comcast.net

-- Configuration Details --
Product: SpringSource Tool Suite 2.5.2.201101081000-RELEASE (com.springsource.sts.ide)
Installed Features:
org.eclipse.jdt 3.6.1.r361_v20100714-0800-7z8XFUSFLFlmgLc5z-Bvrt8-HVkH
Previous Topic:Basic Export Question
Next Topic:32 or 64 bit for Mac?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:07:06 GMT 2024