Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Galileo: Installed EGit, but it doesn't act installed
Galileo: Installed EGit, but it doesn't act installed [message #651607] Mon, 31 January 2011 20:54 Go to next message
Dan  is currently offline Dan Friend
I'm using Galileo 3.5.1 on Fedora 12.

I installed EGit from Eclipse's Install New Software system, using http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates/ as the URL. It's listed as Incubation and the versions for both EGit and JGit are 0.10.1, but I assume that's normal.

The install supposedly finishes successfully. I let eclipse restart and it comes up happily without errors. However, no sign or smell of EGit. It's not in the Share Project list, it's not shown in Preferences -> Team.

Help -> About -> Installation Details -> Installed Software does list EGit and JGit. However, the real interesting revelation is when I select one of them and click Properties. This produces an error when I view the General or Configure Settings pages, and the pages say "Unknown element selected".

This is the only indication that there's an error. Normal operation, start-up etc shows no error prompts, it just doesn't show Git anywhere either. It's like Eclipse's left hand has no damn clue what it's right hand is doing.

The errors in trying to view properties indicate that EGit and JGit are not being installed properly, but I have no idea how to rectify the error. I've tried uninstalling (through the Installed Software tab) and reinstalling the plugins to no avail.

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?
Re: Galileo: Installed EGit, but it doesn't act installed [message #652972 is a reply to message #651607] Mon, 07 February 2011 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*

I've also tried installing the latest successful build from here, but it changed nothing:
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/egit/lastSuccessfulBui ld/artifact/org.eclipse.egit-updatesite/target/site/

Does no one have any helpful suggestions for what to try next?
Re: Galileo: Installed EGit, but it doesn't act installed [message #652995 is a reply to message #652972] Mon, 07 February 2011 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Hrmm, need to investigate if we still run properly on Galileo.

Can you upgrade to Helios?
Re: Galileo: Installed EGit, but it doesn't act installed [message #652999 is a reply to message #652995] Mon, 07 February 2011 21:42 Go to previous message
Maybe. Is it a complicated or involving process? I'm really busy with my project right now, so I don't want to spend a couple of hours on this if I can avoid it. Smile If it's as simple as adding a repository and updating through yum, then that shouldn't be so bad.
Previous Topic:Updte site dind't work
Next Topic:single repo, many projects: how to add a new project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:49:13 GMT 2024