Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » method comparison of up, xp and scrum(method comparison)
method comparison of up, xp and scrum [message #651111] Thu, 27 January 2011 19:40
Rick Murphy is currently offline Rick MurphyFriend
All:

Would anyone involved in earlier discussions on creating the content for the xp and scrum method libraries be able to say why decisions were made to select only one discipline (scrum_activities) for the scrum method library and no disciplines for the xp method library? If the answer is something to the effect that we're like constitutional scholars and the approach to embedding the method content in the method library is very formal and the methods do not formally acknowledge disciplines, I understand. However, I thought tailoring consistent with the intent of the unified process. If I remember correctly, that would be the role of the process engineer. Assuming the decisions made as reflected in the current method libraries, how do the method library authors of the xp and scrum method libraries intend to represent the juxtaposition of what should be abstracted disciplines against phases as in the up hump chart which seems essential to the nature of iterative, incremental methods?

--
Rick
Previous Topic:Timeboxes with Investigation, Refinement, Consolidation
Next Topic:EPF model transformation problem with Multi file xmi resources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:48:13 GMT 2024