Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Teneo] Delete orphans in non-contaiment references
[Teneo] Delete orphans in non-contaiment references [message #649204] Tue, 18 January 2011 08:21 Go to next message
Fer Missing name is currently offline Fer Missing nameFriend
Hello all,

I am trying to delete orphans in non-containment references with Teneo 1.1.2 and Hibernate 3.6 but no work. The containment references are mapped as cascade="all, delete-orphan" by Teneo but the non-containment references are mapped as cascade="merge, refresh,.." (without delete-orphan) .
I have tried using teneo.jpa annotations and teneo.hibernate annotations extensions (in my ecore) but only get a cascade="all" in hibernate mapping.

Is there any way to set the cascade="all, delete-orphan" in non-containment references?
Am I doing something wrong with annotations?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Fernando
Re: [Teneo] Delete orphans in non-contaiment references [message #649276 is a reply to message #649204] Tue, 18 January 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Fernando,
I would say that the cascade setting ALL will also result in delete-orphan (looking at the code). You can debug into the
AbstractMapper.addCascades method to see what happens.
There is also a cascade:DELETE_ORPHAN which can be used the same as PERSIST and the others.

Delete-orphan only works for many associations. There are configuration options to set a default cascade for containment
as non-containment:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Hibernate/Configuration_Option s
teneo.mapping.cascade_policy_on_containment
teneo.mapping.cascade_policy_on_non_containment

gr. Martin

PS, sorry I have not had time yet to look at the example you sent...

On 01/18/2011 09:21 AM, Fer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to delete orphans in non-containment references with Teneo 1.1.2 and Hibernate 3.6 but no work. The
> containment references are mapped as cascade="all, delete-orphan" by Teneo but the non-containment references are mapped
> as cascade="merge, refresh,.." (without delete-orphan) .
> I have tried using teneo.jpa annotations and teneo.hibernate annotations extensions (in my ecore) but only get a
> cascade="all" in hibernate mapping.
>
> Is there any way to set the cascade="all, delete-orphan" in non-containment references? Am I doing something wrong with
> annotations?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Fernando

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Teneo] Delete orphans in non-contaiment references [message #649450 is a reply to message #649276] Wed, 19 January 2011 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. I have trying to set the following:

props.setProperty(PersistenceOptions.CASCADE_POLICY_ON_CONTAINMENT, "ALL");
props.setProperty(PersistenceOptions.CASCADE_POLICY_ON_NON_CONTAINMENT, "PERSIST, REFRESH, MERGE, DELETE_ORPHAN");

The cascade="all, delete_orphan" is generated correctly in many associations but in many-to-one association the delete_orphan is omitted.

Here you can see part of the hibernate mapping generated:
<many-to-one name="interfaceEnd1" entity-name="InterfaceEndUsage" cascade="merge,persist,save-update,lock,refresh" lazy="proxy" insert="true" update="true" not-null="false">
        <column not-null="false" unique="false" name="`interfaceendusage_interfaceend1_unique_identifier`"/>
</many-to-one>
<list name="usages" lazy="false" cascade="all,delete-orphan">
      <key update="true">
                <column name="`interfaceusage_usages_unique_identifier`" not-null="false" unique="false"/>
      </key>
      <list-index column="`interfaceusage_usages_idx`"/>
      <one-to-many entity-name="InterfaceUsage"/>
</list>

The DELETE_ORPHAN in non-containment reference is omitted, I think that the problem is in AbstractAssociationMapper.convertCascade because the DELETE_ORPHAN option no exits!

protected List<HbCascadeType> convertCascade(List<CascadeType> cascades) {
	final List<HbCascadeType> res = new ArrayList<HbCascadeType>();
	for (CascadeType ct : cascades) {
		if (ct == CascadeType.ALL) {
			res.add(HbCascadeType.ALL);
		} else if (ct == CascadeType.MERGE) {
			res.add(HbCascadeType.MERGE);
		} else if (ct == CascadeType.PERSIST) {
			res.add(HbCascadeType.PERSIST);
			res.add(HbCascadeType.SAVE_UPDATE);
			res.add(HbCascadeType.LOCK);
		} else if (ct == CascadeType.REFRESH) {
			res.add(HbCascadeType.REFRESH);
		} else if (ct == CascadeType.REMOVE) {
			res.add(HbCascadeType.REMOVE);
		} else if (ct == CascadeType.NONE) {
			return new ArrayList<HbCascadeType>();
		}
	}
	return res;
}

Furthermore, for onetoone/manytoone associations the delete-orphan option is no supported. Then , How I can do cascading deletes in many-to-one associations?

/**
 * Creates cascades for onetoone/manytoone, they differ from many relations
 * because no delete-orphan is supported.
 */
protected void addCascadesForSingle(Element associationElement,
		List<HbCascadeType> cascades) {
	addCascades(associationElement, cascades, false);
}

Best Regards,

Fernando

P.S: Do not worry, I look forward to your response. Smile

Re: [Teneo] Delete orphans in non-contaiment references [message #649795 is a reply to message #649450] Thu, 20 January 2011 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Fernando,
Hibernate does not support delete-orphan for many-to-one, it is fairly uncommon I guess.

Sorry for the advice below, to get delete orphan on a non-containment association you need to set an eannotation in your
model, for example:
@Cascade(value={PERSIST, REMOVE, DELETE_ORPHAN})

this will set delete orphan for that association.

I will add the possibility to do this through an option. I also seen other examples where people modeled a containment
association as non-containment for their own reasons and this can be usefull. I will reply again to this post when this
is available.

gr. Martin

On 01/19/2011 10:34 AM, Fer wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for your response. I have trying to set the following:
>
>
> props.setProperty(PersistenceOptions.CASCADE_POLICY_ON_CONTA INMENT, "ALL");
> props.setProperty(PersistenceOptions.CASCADE_POLICY_ON_NON_C ONTAINMENT, "PERSIST, REFRESH, MERGE, DELETE_ORPHAN");
>
>
> The cascade="all, delete_orphan" is generated correctly in many associations but in many-to-one association the
> delete_orphan is omitted.
>
> Here you can see part of the hibernate mapping generated:
>
> <many-to-one name="interfaceEnd1" entity-name="InterfaceEndUsage" cascade="merge,persist,save-update,lock,refresh"
> lazy="proxy" insert="true" update="true" not-null="false">
> <column not-null="false" unique="false" name="`interfaceendusage_interfaceend1_unique_identifier`"/ >
> </many-to-one>
> <list name="usages" lazy="false" cascade="all,delete-orphan">
> <key update="true">
> <column name="`interfaceusage_usages_unique_identifier`" not-null="false" unique="false"/>
> </key>
> <list-index column="`interfaceusage_usages_idx`"/>
> <one-to-many entity-name="InterfaceUsage"/>
> </list>
>
>
> The DELETE_ORPHAN in non-containment reference is omitted, I think that the problem is in
> AbstractAssociationMapper.convertCascade because the DELETE_ORPHAN option no exits!
>
> protected List<HbCascadeType> convertCascade(List<CascadeType> cascades) {
> final List<HbCascadeType> res = new ArrayList<HbCascadeType>();
> for (CascadeType ct : cascades) {
> if (ct == CascadeType.ALL) {
> res.add(HbCascadeType.ALL);
> } else if (ct == CascadeType.MERGE) {
> res.add(HbCascadeType.MERGE);
> } else if (ct == CascadeType.PERSIST) {
> res.add(HbCascadeType.PERSIST);
> res.add(HbCascadeType.SAVE_UPDATE);
> res.add(HbCascadeType.LOCK);
> } else if (ct == CascadeType.REFRESH) {
> res.add(HbCascadeType.REFRESH);
> } else if (ct == CascadeType.REMOVE) {
> res.add(HbCascadeType.REMOVE);
> } else if (ct == CascadeType.NONE) {
> return new ArrayList<HbCascadeType>();
> }
> }
> return res;
> }
>
>
> Furthermore, for onetoone/manytoone associations the delete-orphan option is no supported. Then , How I can do cascading
> deletes in many-to-one associations?
>
>
> /**
> * Creates cascades for onetoone/manytoone, they differ from many relations
> * because no delete-orphan is supported.
> */
> protected void addCascadesForSingle(Element associationElement,
> List<HbCascadeType> cascades) {
> addCascades(associationElement, cascades, false);
> }
>
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Fernando
>
> P.S: Do not worry, I look forward to your response. :)
>

--

Springsite/Elver.org
The Netherlands
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Teneo] Delete orphans in non-contaiment references [message #650718 is a reply to message #649795] Wed, 26 January 2011 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. I have tried the DELETE_ORPHAN option in several ways:

1. teneo.jpa -> @ManyToOne(cascade={PERSIST, REMOVE, DELETE_ORPHAN}).

Ecore:

Quote:
<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EClass" name="InterfaceUsage">
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="interfaceEnd1" eType="#//InterfaceEndUsage">
<eAnnotations source="teneo.jpa">
<details key="value" value="@Cascade(value={PERSIST, REMOVE, DELETE_ORPHAN})"/>
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="interfaceEnd2" eType="#//InterfaceEndUsage">
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="usages" upperBound="-1"
eType="#//InterfaceUsage" containment="true"/>
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="type" eType="#//InterfaceDefinition">
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
</eClassifiers>

I get the following error message:
Quote:
org.hibernate.InvalidMappingException: Could not parse mapping document from string XML String
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processH bmXml(Configuration.java:3951)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processH bmXmlQueue(Configuration.java:3940)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processM etadata(Configuration.java:3928)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompile(Configurat ion.java:1368)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings(Configuration. java:1345)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbSessionDataStore.buildMapp ings(HbSessionDataStore.java:134)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbDataStore.initializeDataSt ore(HbDataStore.java:316)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbSessionDataStore.initializ e(HbSessionDataStore.java:91)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.factory.impl.H2DAOFactory.create Connection(H2DAOFactory.java:72)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.factory.impl.DAOFactory.createCo nnection(DAOFactory.java:66)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.impl.ds.DataSetVSEEDAO.removeAll (DataSetVSEEDAO.java:456)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.impl.ds.DataSetVSEEDAO.get(DataS etVSEEDAO.java:167)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.impl.cm.ConfigManagementDAO.read DataSetXMI(ConfigManagementDAO.java:1913)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.cm.impl.ConfigManagementImpl.readDataSetXMI (ConfigManagementImpl.java:761)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.auditing.impl.AuditingImpl.readDataSetXMI(A uditingImpl.java:806)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.mmi.impl.ManagerImpl.executeMethod(ManagerI mpl.java:672)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.mmi.impl.ManagerImpl.run(ManagerImpl.java:1 22)
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: many-to-one attribute [interfaceEnd1] does not support orphan delete as it is not unique
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindManyToOne(HbmBinder.java:163 9)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder. java:2164)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder. java:2134)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindJoinedSubclass(HbmBinder.jav a:949)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.handleJoinedSubclass(HbmBinder.j ava:2305)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRoot(HbmBinder.java:183)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processH bmXml(Configuration.java:3948)
... 16 more

2. teneo.jpa -> @Cascade(value={PERSIST, REMOVE, DELETE_ORPHAN})

Ecore:
Quote:
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="interfaceEnd1" eType="#//InterfaceEndUsage">
<details key="value" value="@ManyToOne(cascade={PERSIST, REMOVE, DELETE_ORPHAN})"/>
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="interfaceEnd2" eType="#//InterfaceEndUsage">
<details key="value" value="@ManyToOne(cascade={PERSIST, REMOVE, DELETE_ORPHAN})"/>
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="type" eType="#//InterfaceDefinition">
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
</eClassifiers>

I get the following error message:
Quote:
org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.AnnotationParserExc eption: Cannot convert 'DELETE_ORPHAN' to 'CascadeType' type
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.ParserUtil.convertV alue(ParserUtil.java:50)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.ComplexNode.convert (ComplexNode.java:109)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.EAnnotationParserIm porter.processAnnotatedModelElement(EAnnotationParserImporte r.java:119)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.EAnnotationParserIm porter.process(EAnnotationParserImporter.java:87)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.EAnnotationParserIm porter.process(EAnnotationParserImporter.java:76)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.EAnnotationParserIm porter.process(EAnnotationParserImporter.java:68)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.mapper.PersistenceMappingB uilder.buildMapping(PersistenceMappingBuilder.java:142)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.mapper.PersistenceMappingB uilder.buildMapping(PersistenceMappingBuilder.java:73)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbDataStore.mapEPackages(HbD ataStore.java:1023)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbSessionDataStore.mapModel( HbSessionDataStore.java:181)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbSessionDataStore.initializ e(HbSessionDataStore.java:87)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.factory.impl.H2DAOFactory.create Connection(H2DAOFactory.java:72)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.factory.impl.DAOFactory.createCo nnection(DAOFactory.java:66)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.impl.ds.DataSetVSEEDAO.removeAll (DataSetVSEEDAO.java:456)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.impl.ds.DataSetVSEEDAO.get(DataS etVSEEDAO.java:167)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.common.dao.impl.cm.ConfigManagementDAO.read DataSetXMI(ConfigManagementDAO.java:1913)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.cm.impl.ConfigManagementImpl.readDataSetXMI (ConfigManagementImpl.java:761)
at es.gmv.vsd.ssrdb.auditing.impl.AuditingImpl.readDataSetXMI(A uditingImpl.java:806)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The value 'DELETE_ORPHAN' is not a valid enumerator of 'CascadeType'
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.pannotation.impl.Pannotati onFactoryImpl.createCascadeTypeFromString(PannotationFactory Impl.java:610)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.pannotation.impl.Pannotati onFactoryImpl.createFromString(PannotationFactoryImpl.java:1 64)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.createFromString(EcoreU til.java:3259)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.annotations.parser.ParserUtil.convertV alue(ParserUtil.java:39)
... 19 more

3. teneo.hibernate -> @Cascade(value={PERSIST, REMOVE, DELETE_ORPHAN})

Ecore:
Quote:
<eAnnotations source="teneo.hibernate">
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>
</eClassifiers>

get the following error message:
Quote:
org.hibernate.InvalidMappingException: Could not parse mapping document from string XML String
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processH bmXml(Configuration.java:3951)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processH bmXmlQueue(Configuration.java:3940)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processM etadata(Configuration.java:3928)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompile(Configurat ion.java:1368)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings(Configuration. java:1345)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbSessionDataStore.buildMapp ings(HbSessionDataStore.java:134)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbDataStore.initializeDataSt ore(HbDataStore.java:316)
at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbSessionDataStore.initializ e(HbSessionDataStore.java:91)
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: many-to-one attribute [interfaceEnd1] does not support orphan delete as it is not unique
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindManyToOne(HbmBinder.java:163 9)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder. java:2164)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder. java:2134)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindJoinedSubclass(HbmBinder.jav a:949)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.handleJoinedSubclass(HbmBinder.j ava:2305)
at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRoot(HbmBinder.java:183)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration$MetadataSourceQueue.processH bmXml(Configuration.java:3948)
... 16 more

But neither works. Sad Do you have any idea?

>I will add the possibility to do this through an option. I also seen other examples where people modeled a containment association as non->containment for their own reasons and this can be usefull. I will reply again to this post when this is available.

Perfect! Smile

Best Regards,

Fernando
Re: [Teneo] Delete orphans in non-contaiment references [message #650980 is a reply to message #650718] Thu, 27 January 2011 11:13 Go to previous message
Hi Fernando,
The error message from Hibernate tells it:
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: many-to-one attribute [interfaceEnd1] does not support orphan delete as it is
not unique

Hibernate does not support delete-orphan on many-to-one.

You have to make it a one-to-one by making the association bidirectional and then the delete-orphan is possible
according to hibernate.

gr. Martin

--

Springsite/Elver.org
The Netherlands