Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How do I associate a project with a perspective in an eclipse plugin(How do I get "Open Associated Perspective" dialog to a appear)
How do I associate a project with a perspective in an eclipse plugin [message #648812] Fri, 14 January 2011 15:48 Go to next message
roman  is currently offline roman Friend
OK so I have a project which has a wizard which I specify in extention o fui.newWizards, I set up a finalPerspective property to point to a custom perspective which I created , so when I go to new project of "myprojtype" i create a project with a wizard OK , and then I manually go to show perspectives.. and choose my custom perspective, I idieally want to be able to open this perspective every time when I finsih creating the project with my wizard and an eclipse to show me a screen , " this project is associated with suchand such persppetvie would you like to open it?" the standard ecplipse message ,,
But I am not able to get this behavour which steps am I missing. I came accross this blog:http://blog.eclipse-tips.com/2007/02/associating-wizard -with-perspective.html
but it talks about the wizards which DONT create a new project but I do..
Re: How do I associate a project with a perspective in an eclipse plugin [message #648987 is a reply to message #648812] Mon, 17 January 2011 05:13 Go to previous message
Prakash G.R. is currently offline Prakash G.R.Friend
On 14/01/11 9:18 PM, roman wrote:
> I idieally
> want to be able to open this perspective every time when I finsih
> creating the project with my wizard and an eclipse to show me a screen ,
> " this project is associated with suchand such persppetvie would you
> like to open it?" the standard ecplipse message ,,
> But I am not able to get this behavour which steps am I missing. I came
> accross this
> blog:http://blog.eclipse-tips.com/2007/02/associating-wizard -with-perspective.html
>
> but it talks about the wizards which DONT create a new project but I do..

That tip is applicable for wizards that create new projects as well.

--
- Prakash
Platform UI Team, IBM

www.eclipse-tips.com
Previous Topic:Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
Next Topic:About Eclipse Plug-ins, EPL and GPL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:15:29 GMT 2024