Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » "Application-platform" pattern issue
"Application-platform" pattern issue [message #648196] Tue, 11 January 2011 18:14 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Hi all,

I stuck with the following design issue, any help or comments would appreciated!
We are about to build an enterprise application platform in a specific business domain, based on OSGi and Virgo.
In concept, every individual platform-applications are packaged as plans or pars, and consumes some common Platform services, its fine. On the other hand, the Platform would have a "Dasboard", reporting the application-states to operational personnel.
For this, my first design approach was that each Platform application should implement an interface and register the implementation in the service-registry:
public interface IApplicationInfo {
	public String getApplicationName();
	public String getApplicationVersion();
	public SystemState querySystemState();
}

Then I realized, that "scoping" in Virgo is perfectly well-done, so outside from the applications the registered services could not be seen! Bundles in the platform can not got references to these IApplicationInfo services.

So how could I build up a platform with cooperating applications?
What is the recommended pattern for this application-platform case?

Thx,
Gabor
Re: "Application-platform" pattern issue [message #648202 is a reply to message #648196] Tue, 11 January 2011 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Publish your service with service property:

org.eclipse.virgo.service.scope = global

Documentation is here: http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentati on-2.1.0.RELEASE/docs/virgo-programmer-guide/htmlsingle/virg o-programmer-guide.html#developing-applications-plans

Look for "Plans and Scoping".
Re: "Application-platform" pattern issue [message #648203 is a reply to message #648202] Tue, 11 January 2011 18:45 Go to previous message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Many thanks, Dimitry!!!

I thought I read the programmers-guide carefully enought, Smile but not...
Thanks!
Previous Topic:AspectJ LTW with Virgo
Next Topic:Using unjarred bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:46:00 GMT 2024