Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Terminating and ILaunch from a Plug-in - non-standard method required(Problem with ILaunch termination)
Terminating and ILaunch from a Plug-in - non-standard method required [message #647845] Sun, 09 January 2011 23:56
Ryan O'Meara is currently offline Ryan O'MearaFriend
Hi,

Just a warning, I am aware this is not completely java-specific, however what I am trying to do involves a java-related tool, and if there if a better place to ask this question, please direct me there.

I am running an ant application from within eclipse, and I have access to the ILaunch it generates. Problem is, it uses a port, and must be terminated before it can be run again. Clicking the red terminate button in the console works, however calling ILaunch.terminate does not, once it gets to the point where it is using the port. SO my question is what is the difference in operation of calling ILaunch.terminate and clicking the red terminate button. I wish to implement whatever process to button uses so I can reliably terminate the running process before launching a new one.

Thanks for any help.
Previous Topic:content assist does not find enums
Next Topic:different results between debug mode and run mode of Eclipse JDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:18:37 GMT 2024