Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » drag elements from the model view, don`t show the profile stereotypes.
drag elements from the model view, don`t show the profile stereotypes. [message #646219] Wed, 22 December 2010 17:42 Go to next message
Andres  is currently offline Andres Friend
i have a model with elements and applied profile, if i take the elements from the model view and drop into the canvas, the elements don´t show the profile stereotypes...I want to solve this, how could do this? What is the part of the code where i can found how work the model view?

Thanks...
Re: drag elements from the model view, don`t show the profile stereotypes. [message #646667 is a reply to message #646219] Wed, 29 December 2010 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wojciech Trocki is currently offline Wojciech TrockiFriend
Look at your model. Open it in uml editor or other model editor.
Is stereotypes applied? Is your profile linked to model?

Re: drag elements from the model view, don`t show the profile stereotypes. [message #650520 is a reply to message #646667] Tue, 25 January 2011 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, my profile is applied and the profile is linked to the model.
Re: drag elements from the model view, don`t show the profile stereotypes. [message #650999 is a reply to message #650520] Thu, 27 January 2011 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

The stereotypes are not visible but applied in the model. This is the same case for classes with owned properties and Operations: when you drop the class, no features are shown.

Papyrus respects the notion of "View" present in UML. You are not obliged to display each time the stereotype of an element when this element is displayed, for example. It depends on which information you want to focus. Imagine you have an element in an "overview" diagram, you would not be interested in showing specific annotations for Schedulability Analysis. It is then impossible for us to determine when the stereotype should be displayed or not. So, by default, we prefer not to display it on drag'n'drop from the model explorer.

When you select an element in the diagram, you can go to the "Apperance" section of the property view and select the list of Stereotypes to display, using their simple name or their qualified names.

HTH,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: drag elements from the model view, don`t show the profile stereotypes. [message #651004 is a reply to message #650520] Thu, 27 January 2011 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In wich part of the code i can catch the event when drag an element from the model explorer to the canvas?

I think if i know this , may be i can apply the stereotype in the view of the element....

Thanks,
Andres
Re: drag elements from the model view, don`t show the profile stereotypes. [message #651049 is a reply to message #651004] Thu, 27 January 2011 15:03 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
The view element, which is the representation of your element, is created by the ViewProvider. You can see for example the class org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.clazz.providers.UMLViewProvider in the class diagram plugin.

As this is a provider for a GMF service, you can override the provided class in a new plugin using the extension point
"org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.viewProviders". Using a higher priority will override the default one.

HTH,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Selecting an element after it was created
Next Topic:Cannot select more than one object in diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:13:29 GMT 2024