Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » .cproject file format(.cproject file format)
.cproject file format [message #645843] Mon, 20 December 2010 19:00 Go to next message
Frédéric is currently offline FrédéricFriend
Hello,

We manage a C++ code of abour 1 million lines, using our own tools.

We so have a private tool which creates Makefile.

I'm trying to extend this tool so that it can create a set of .project and .cproject file

So I'm looking for a description of the .cproject format in order to build it correctly. I tried various things, but the only thing it does is that it automatically parse the root dir of our project, which is not what I want to do...

I already have all dependencies, source files, header files and targets to build.

The only thing I need to know is how to create a correct .cproject file.

I think it should be described somewhere, but after an extensive search, I was not able to find such a description.

Can someone help me ?

Best regards,

Frédéric.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 19:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: .cproject file format [message #647406 is a reply to message #645843] Thu, 06 January 2011 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VT  is currently offline VT Friend
I'm looking for information on the project format used by eclipse as well. Like the OP, after some extensive search that didn't turn any useful info up, I'm force to inquire about it here in hopes of an answer.

Is there any documentation on this?
Re: .cproject file format [message #647821 is a reply to message #647406] Sun, 09 January 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc-André Laperle is currently offline Marc-André LaperleFriend
I think you should try the cdt-dev mailing list.

https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
Re: .cproject file format [message #990458 is a reply to message #647406] Wed, 12 December 2012 15:17 Go to previous message
UV develop is currently offline UV developFriend
did anything came out of this?
cmake is interesting but somehow it does not really do what i want..
I need to genereate things out of the existing Makefiles which are the only files properly supported..... you know how it is in large projects....

cheers,
UV
Previous Topic:Change debug register display to hexadecimal?
Next Topic:Internal error debugging with gdb
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:36:39 GMT 2024