Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to resolve conflicts? EGit Mac(I am unable to resolve a conflict with EGit)
How to resolve conflicts? EGit Mac [message #645428] Fri, 17 December 2010 09:12 Go to next message
geX is currently offline geXFriend
Hi,

I am new with EGit, used SVN before. I just merged two branches which resulted in a conflict. I resolved manually, but now I cannot find where to "mark" it as resolved. I thought about the team synchronization view, but I cannot populate it with git. When I go to the Team Sync view and press Synchronize... -> Git a list with my repositories shows up. However, the finish button is greyed out. So I cannot populate the Team Synchronization view.

Can you tell me how to set my conflicting files to resolved?

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Fri, 17 December 2010 09:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to resolve conflicts? EGit Mac [message #645433 is a reply to message #645428] Fri, 17 December 2010 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Have a look in the user guide at [1]

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Resolving_a_merge_co nflict
Re: How to resolve conflicts? EGit Mac [message #645439 is a reply to message #645433] Fri, 17 December 2010 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geX is currently offline geXFriend
thank you. I will try that when it is possible again.

Right now, I cannot. I am unable to navigate through the history of my repository.

When I try to checkout another branch, I get this error:

Checkout conflict with files:
... (file list)

What does that mean? Right now, I am unable to switch to any commit of my history. I always get such an error message.

Also when trying it with the "branch" button, I get a similar error message:
Branch Failed
Checkout conflict with files

I thought I had understood git so far, but I think I got something wrong here. Shouldn't I always be able to check out any branch / commit I like?
Re: How to resolve conflicts? EGit Mac [message #645472 is a reply to message #645439] Fri, 17 December 2010 11:05 Go to previous message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
Hi,

do you have uncommitted changes in your workspace?

A check-out of a commit fails if the check-out would change files which have such uncommitted changes.

I f yes, the easiest thing to do is to commit the changes. You can later on change the commit with the "amend" option in the commit dialog.

Btw.: Conflicts are resolved using the Team -> Add command.

Stefan
Previous Topic:git-upload-pack error https
Next Topic:EGit for Mylyn 0.9.3 released: EGit integrated with the Mylyn task framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:05:45 GMT 2024