Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Comment char improvements
Comment char improvements [message #644275] Fri, 10 December 2010 10:40 Go to next message
Marius Cojocaru is currently offline Marius CojocaruFriend
Hi,

I write an editor for a language who has a different comment char then '#'.

The way is implemented now in the dltk core classes, makes difficult to change this.

Example

ScriptSourceViewerConfiguration has a nice method getCommentPrefix, and is easy to override, since anyway every language will define a class that extends this

class ScriptCommentScanner has a deprecated method getCommentChar that is still used, so I have to create a class that extends the ScriptCommentScanner, and override the getCommentChar.

worse class TodoTaskBuildParticipant in findCommentStart use hard coded the # so I have again to override this and copy the exact functionality of the upper class and change the comment char.

Can you please add a single place where the comment char is defined ( maybe TextTools).

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2010 11:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Comment char improvements [message #644500 is a reply to message #644275] Sun, 12 December 2010 11:40 Go to previous message
Alex Panchenko is currently offline Alex PanchenkoFriend
Hi Marius,

You are right those methods can be improved.
Thank you for reporting this.
I want to make some other improvements in ScriptSourceViewerConfiguration and I'll look at methods dealing with comments as well.

Please stay tuned.

Regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Run php indexer headless
Next Topic:[BUILD] S-3.0M4-201012120842
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:31:36 GMT 2024