Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Remove path from linked project in include path(How do I remove a specific path from an external project linked in the current project using the include path?)
Remove path from linked project in include path [message #643157] Sun, 05 December 2010 14:35 Go to next message
Toni Uebernickel is currently offline Toni UebernickelFriend
Hi there,

I got the following situation:

• I use symfony framework and have this one as its own project "symfony 1.4" in eclipse.
  • I got several project that have this project configured in their include path.
  • I got a project "My Project" which uses a newer version of a plugin bundled with the framework.

The question I have, how to accomplish this?
I want to exclude a path from the include path of "My Project" which is located in the "symfony 1.4" project.

Example:
"symfony 1.4" project contains folder "lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/".
"My Project" contains sfPropel15Plugin (newer version of vendor software)

They got the same class names.
Within "My Project" I don't want to have code assist for the "lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin" of "symfony 1.4".

I tried to set up "access rules" for the "symfony 1.4" project in "My Project" include path settings, but didn't get it to work.

Anyone can help me, is it even possible?

Best Regards,
Toni Uebernickel
Re: Remove path from linked project in include path [message #643164 is a reply to message #643157] Sun, 05 December 2010 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor is currently offline Roy GanorFriend
Seems like a bug. Can you add it to bugzilla please?

As an alternative solution can you try setup the base symphony as a separated project and exclude this directory, then add the project to MyProject.

Thanks for reporting.
Roy
Re: Remove path from linked project in include path [message #643177 is a reply to message #643164] Sun, 05 December 2010 18:09 Go to previous message
Toni Uebernickel is currently offline Toni UebernickelFriend
I filed a bug, available at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=331876

Your workaround works (using Resource Filter), however this affects all other projects as well :)
Previous Topic:Newbie question: Script arguments pass does not work
Next Topic:Unable to flush output to console in PDT 2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:30:59 GMT 2024