Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » VerifyError when invoking content assist
VerifyError when invoking content assist [message #642836] Thu, 02 December 2010 21:21
Samantha Chan is currently offline Samantha ChanFriend
Hi,

I am not sure if this is a defect, but I would be interested in knowing why this is happening.

I have two XText 1.0.2 installations set up. One with XText 1.0.2 SDK, and one with just the XText 1.0.2 UI installed.

I have set up two target definitions in my environment. One that points to the SDK, and the other, just the UI and the runtime.

I targeted my environment to the SDK target definition. I launched a second Eclipse. When I invoke content assist, things are ok here.

Next, I re-targetd my environment against the XText 1.02 UI definition. I rebuilt everything. I launched with the same workspace against the UI definition.

When I invoke content assist at the same location, I got the following error. It seems to me that the configuration data in my workspace is corrupted. If I clear the configuration data before I launch, content assist works again.

I am wondering if there is some class mismatch between the two packages? I have seen similar problems in a real "install" environment. And I trying to find out what could be a possible cause for this.

Thanks...

java.lang.VerifyError: org/eclipse/xtext/util/PolymorphicDispatcher$WarningErrorHan dler.get(Lorg/apache/log4j/Logger;)Lorg/eclipse/xtext/util/P olymorphicDispatcher$ErrorHandler;
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractJavaBasedC ontentProposalProvider.invokeMethod(AbstractJavaBasedContent ProposalProvider.java:214)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractJavaBasedC ontentProposalProvider.completeAssignment(AbstractJavaBasedC ontentProposalProvider.java:148)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractContentPro posalProvider$DefaultContentAssistProcessorSwitch.caseAssign ment(AbstractContentProposalProvider.java:67)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractContentPro posalProvider$DefaultContentAssistProcessorSwitch.caseAssign ment(AbstractContentProposalProvider.java:1)
at org.eclipse.xtext.util.XtextSwitch.doSwitch(XtextSwitch.java :164)
at org.eclipse.xtext.util.XtextSwitch.doSwitch(XtextSwitch.java :70)
at org.eclipse.xtext.util.XtextSwitch.doSwitch(XtextSwitch.java :58)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractContentPro posalProvider$DefaultContentAssistProcessorSwitch.accept(Abs tractContentProposalProvider.java:72)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractContentPro posalProvider.createProposals(AbstractContentProposalProvide r.java:109)
at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractJavaBasedC ontentProposalProvider.createProposals(AbstractJavaBasedCont entProposalProvider.java:205)
Previous Topic:EcoreUtil2:getResource from a junit
Next Topic:type dependent handling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:32:53 GMT 2024