Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Zombie Bundles
Zombie Bundles [message #641522] Thu, 25 November 2010 19:40 Go to next message
Eric Jain is currently offline Eric JainFriend
I added updating to an RCP application using the simple setup described here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Adding_Self-Update_to_an_ RCP_Application.

This works -- except that old bundles never get removed (from the plugins dir and the bundles.info file), and the following errors are logged every time the application is started:

!ENTRY test 4 0 2010-11-25 00:41:53.562
!MESSAGE 
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "test_1.0.0.201011250006 [159]" could not be resolved. Reason: Another singleton version selected: test_1.0.0.201011250029
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1317)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1301)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:319)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1067)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:561)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:546)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:459)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:227)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:337)

This doesn't affect the application (only the latest version of each bundle is listed in the About dialog). Also, I noticed that obsolete features are removed from the features dir right away.

In my .product I have this:

<features>
      <feature id="org.eclipse.rcp"/>
      <feature id="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui"/>
   </features>

<configurations>
      <plugin id="org.eclipse.core.runtime" autoStart="true" startLevel="4" />
      <plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.common" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />
      <plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.ds" autoStart="true" startLevel="2" />
      <plugin id="org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator" autoStart="true" startLevel="1" />
      <property name="org.eclipse.update.reconcile" value="false"/>
      <plugin id="org.eclipse.update.configurator" autoStart="true" startLevel="4"/>
   </configurations>

Anyone else encountered this issue?
Re: Zombie Bundles [message #642243 is a reply to message #641522] Tue, 30 November 2010 14:51 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
You should open a bug against p2 at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Equinox and give steps to reproduce. The old bundles should be uninstalled by p2 and should not be included in the bundles.info in my opinion.

Tom.
Previous Topic:Migration to Helios, Package uses conflict
Next Topic:Eclipse Buddy Loading due to problems with Hibernate (Performance Question)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:44:17 GMT 2024