Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Splash handler not running when org.eclipse.osgi run from workbench
Splash handler not running when org.eclipse.osgi run from workbench [message #641028] Tue, 23 November 2010 23:38
Anthony Juckel is currently offline Anthony JuckelFriend
I'm not exactly sure how to debug this. I have an application where one bundle provides an interactive splash handler and application and a second project defines a product referencing this application. In general, this approach has worked well. Today I wanted to import the org.eclispe.osgi bundle to do some debugging, but as soon as I launched the app with org.eclipse.osgi run from my workbench (rather than the target platform) the splash handler ceased to run.

Debugging to WorkbenchPlugin.getSplashShell(Display) I see that System.getProperty(PROP_SPLASH_HANDLE) is null which the documentation states should be set by the native code. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how further to debug this.

Our target platform is currently based on Eclipse 3.5.2. Any tips on how to debug this further, or how others have dealt with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Previous Topic:Blocking all plug-in actions if preference constant is not valid
Next Topic:"Building workspace" drives me mad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:51:03 GMT 2024