Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Border Item refresh problem on create connection during drag
Border Item refresh problem on create connection during drag [message #640987] Tue, 23 November 2010 18:48 Go to next message
Zac Wolfe is currently offline Zac WolfeFriend
Hi All,

I'm lead developer for an open source GMF-based product and after updating our product to Galileo a few months back I started seeing some strange refresh problems with our Border Items during connection creation/re-targeting, specifically when dragging the connection.

The border items hold our output anchors and don't seem to be getting redrawn when the "ghost" connection figure overlaps border items during drag. Here is an image illustrating the issue. The strange thing is that the problem started happening fairly recently -- since updating to galileo and gef 3.6, draw2d 3.6, and gmf 1.2.0.

Another possible clue is that I just noticed that the dotted selection rectangle created by dragging with the selection tool selected also produces the same effect.

Thanks!
Zac

Re: Border Item refresh problem on create connection during drag [message #641034 is a reply to message #640987] Wed, 24 November 2010 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update on this: I can confirm that this issue has only appeared since I updated both GEF(v3.5)/Draw2D(v3.5) to v3.6 a couple weeks ago.

Was there a change in redraw behavior from 3.5 to 3.6?
Re: Border Item refresh problem on create connection during drag SOLVED [message #641075 is a reply to message #641034] Wed, 24 November 2010 08:33 Go to previous message
Well after biting the bullet and updating our project to Helios (from Galileo) the refresh problem went away. Since the problem only appeared after I updated GEF/Draw2D from 3.5 to 3.6, I can only assume that the problem was caused by some incompatibility with Galileo, GMF 1.2, and GEF/Draw2D 3.6

[Updated on: Wed, 24 November 2010 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problems generating .gmfgen
Next Topic:GMF print support does not print resource markers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:43:15 GMT 2024