Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » remove add note from the palette
remove add note from the palette [message #640682] Mon, 22 November 2010 19:46 Go to next message
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud is currently offline Elhamlaoui MahmoudFriend

Hi,

Is there a way so i can hide (or may be delete) the add note from the palette?

thanks
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #640821 is a reply to message #640682] Tue, 23 November 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asiri Rathnayake is currently offline Asiri RathnayakeFriend
Hi,
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud wrote on Tue, 23 November 2010 01:16

Is there a way so i can hide (or may be delete) the add note from the palette?

I don't get such a feature on my gmf editors, can you link to a screenshot which explains the problem?

- Asiri
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #640838 is a reply to message #640821] Tue, 23 November 2010 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI,

If you could have a look to the taipan example you will find in the create Note just under the zoom option
http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Tutorial

thanks
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #640845 is a reply to message #640682] Tue, 23 November 2010 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think there is some bug on my eclipse because I don't get this pallet item by default (even though it is enabled). You can right click on the standard tools and hide the note item but I think you are looking for a way to disable it permanently. I'm afraid I cannot give you a complete answer, but can you try adding a couple of standard tools into your tooling definition file? that might give you a hint on where you need to edit your source in order to disable default standard tools. Will look into this as time permits Smile

- Asiri
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #640865 is a reply to message #640845] Tue, 23 November 2010 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy its good to have such bugs
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #641316 is a reply to message #640682] Wed, 24 November 2010 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

we remove it and do some other customization that you can look here:
http://www.bonitasoft.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=Bon ita+Open+Solution&path=/bonita-studio/trunk/plugins/org. bonitasoft.studio-models/GMFTemplates/aspects/xpt/editor/Edi tor.xpt
in createPartControl

BTW, a much simpler way is to play with some preference. You can find them by right-clicking on the Bar containing the Note button and then "Customize..",. In "standard" root, you can select Note and check "Hide"

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #641379 is a reply to message #641316] Thu, 25 November 2010 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Dear colleague,

You could have shown to Mahmoud this piece of preferences customization, that we actually use to hide the note entry:
http://www.bonitasoft.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=Bon ita+Open+Solution&path=%2Fbonita-studio%2Fbranches%2Fbon ita-studio-5.3.1%2Freleng%2Forg.bonitasoft.studio-product%2F plugin_customization.ini

The most important element here is the following value for the preference:
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui/org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.d iagram.ui.paletteCustomizations= <?xml version\="1.0" encoding\="UTF-8"?>\n<org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.paletteCustomizations >\n<standardGroup>\n<noteStack isVisible\="false"/>\n</standardGroup>\n</org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.paletteCustomizations >

Regards,

Le 24/11/2010 22:56, Aurelien Pupier a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> we remove it and do some other customization that you can look here:
> http://www.bonitasoft.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=Bon ita+Open+Solution&path=/bonita-studio/trunk/plugins/org. bonitasoft.studio-models/GMFTemplates/aspects/xpt/editor/Edi tor.xpt
>
> in createPartControl
>
> BTW, a much simpler way is to play with some preference. You can find
> them by right-clicking on the Bar containing the Note button and then
> "Customize..",. In "standard" root, you can select Note and check "Hide"
>
>
> Regards,

--
Mickael Istria -- BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/BPM_download.php
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #641388 is a reply to message #640682] Thu, 25 November 2010 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mickael,

Thank you for your answer Smile

While investigating the source you've pointed, I found this: http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Tutorial_Part_3#Removing_Tools_f rom_the_Palette

Hope this helps.

- Asiri

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2010 10:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: remove add note from the palette [message #641391 is a reply to message #641379] Thu, 25 November 2010 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi everyone,

thanks all of you for your helps, i have a question according to Mickael post. you talked about plugin_customization.ini, if i want to use did i just have
to add this on the plug-in.xml
Quote:

#
<property
#
name="preferenceCustomization"
#
value="plugin_customization.ini">
#
</property>

thanks again
Mahmoud
Re: remove add note from the palette [message #641397 is a reply to message #641391] Thu, 25 November 2010 10:45 Go to previous message

Hi Asiri,

Quote:

While investigating the source you've pointed, I found this: http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Tutorial_Part_3#Removing_Tools_f rom_the_Palette

ti think there is a problem in this example, to be able to remove the zoom action, you have to use
Quote:

<predefinedEntry id="standardGroup/zoomOutTool" remove="true"/>
<predefinedEntry id="standardGroup/zoomInTool" remove="true"/>

to remove both zoom instead of the one use on the mindmap

Quote:

<predefinedEntry id="standardGroup/zoomTool" remove="true"/>

Mahmoud

Previous Topic:Question about custom java classes for diagram
Next Topic:Properties list doesn't update values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:16:36 GMT 2024