Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [SOLVED] debugger suddenly stopped working(debugger does not reach breakpoint in main)
[SOLVED] debugger suddenly stopped working [message #640496] Mon, 22 November 2010 10:44 Go to next message
Nathan Hüsken is currently offline Nathan HüskenFriend
EDIT: I recreated the debug configuration, which solved the problem. Should have done that before posting ...

Hi,

I am on ubuntu linux, Eclipse and the debugger where working fine.
Suddenly it does not work anymore. The breakpoint in main (which is set automatically) is never reached and the program also does not do anything. But the debugger process is also not terminated.
gdb takes 100% CPU power, clicken on stop or pause has no effect.

When I debug the program on the console (using command line gdb) everything works.

Any Ideas what I could look into what this could be?

Thanks!
Nathan

EDIT:
This is gdbs output, I do not know if it was different when it was working:
Reading symbols from <my-application>...done.
new-console on
Undefined command: "new-console".  Try "help".
warning: the debug information found in "/lib/ld-2.12.1.so" does not match "/lib/ld-linux.so.2" (CRC mismatch).

warning: the debug information found in "/usr/lib/debug//lib/ld-2.12.1.so" does not match "/lib/ld-linux.so.2" (CRC mismatch).

warning: the debug information found in "/usr/lib/debug/lib/ld-2.12.1.so" does not match "/lib/ld-linux.so.2" (CRC mismatch).

Stopped due to shared library event
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Stopped due to shared library event

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2010 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [SOLVED] debugger suddenly stopped working [message #674403 is a reply to message #640496] Thu, 26 May 2011 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Held is currently offline David HeldFriend
I'm curious - how did you resolve this issue? Did you figure out the cause of the messages:

new-console on
Undefined command: "new-console". Try "help".

I'm getting the same messages and wondering what they're from, and what to do about them. I'm not seeing any problems with the debugger, but I'm curious what these messages are about.
Re: [SOLVED] debugger suddenly stopped working [message #1101031 is a reply to message #674403] Tue, 03 September 2013 23:48 Go to previous message
Maria Borja is currently offline Maria BorjaFriend
I had a similar problem when I was using fortran with eclipse. I had build a project with a self writen makefile and forgot to include -g in my makefile so I ended up getting that same error. Hopefully this helps someone else.
Previous Topic: Installing Eclipse Standard 4.3 (Kepler) + CDT Plugin on Ubuntu 13.0.4
Next Topic:Debugger dies during initialization on OSX 10.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:16:31 GMT 2024