Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Drop Widget in MultipageEditor PAge(Not able to save mutipage editor and not able to view dropped widgets with out resizing the editor manually)
Drop Widget in MultipageEditor PAge [message #640435] Mon, 22 November 2010 05:34 Go to next message
Ani  is currently offline Ani Friend
I've the following requirement :-

1) I need to have a view with various widgets like buttons, tree, text fields/area, list boxes etc...these widgets can be dragged from this view for dropping in an editor.
2) Ineed a multipage editor in which -
a) the first page is a widget page where i can drop the widgets dragged from the above view
b) the second page is a kind of text editor where code is automatically generated w.r.t. the widget dropped in the first page.

(both these editor pages work together...if one page edited, the other reflects it.)

Current status :-

I'm able to get the particular widgets view and attached a drag source to it.

Also created a multipage editor.
The text editor takes the text value of drop from the view with out any drop target attached to it.

But for the widget editor(basically a Composite page), I'm explicitly creating the instances of dropped widget again and attaching to the composite page. It's difficult to know what widget is dropped....a button, or a combo box or a text field (but I don't know how to do it otherwise, I may have to extend the transfer types someway to take any kind of widget).

The biggest concern is :-

I'm able to drop one widget first and it's visible. But for the second drop, I've to alter the size of editor manually (may be by mouse drag or so) for the widget to be visible.

I'm not able to activate the save button for the widget editor. So what ever data input is never saved and lost when i close the editor.

Can someone help me on these 3 points mainly :-

1) How to save the widget editor data

2) How to make the dropped widgets visible without any manual action such as resizing.

3) How can i take my widgets as the transfer types instead of instantiating a new one every time
Re: Drop Widget in MultipageEditor PAge [message #643943 is a reply to message #640435] Wed, 08 December 2010 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eshvar60  is currently offline eshvar60 Friend
I think with this issue
I'm able to drop one widget first and it's visible. But for the second drop, I've to alter the size of editor manually (may be by mouse drag or so) for the widget to be visible.

you have to call pack or redraw on the parent after dropping the widget.
Re: Drop Widget in MultipageEditor PAge [message #643999 is a reply to message #643943] Thu, 09 December 2010 01:22 Go to previous message
Ani  is currently offline Ani Friend
Thank you Eshvar60,
it's helping partly. Earlier i tried to pack the composite itself, but not the parent.
But packing the parent helps here...except that it squeezes my editor to the minimum size. I tried redraw also, but same result.

Kindly let me know if you have any idea on other parts of my query.

Thanks again!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2010 01:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with Table(Viewer) in Forms
Next Topic:How to change the title of a view in RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:38:09 GMT 2024