Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter
[buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #639128] Mon, 15 November 2010 11:33 Go to next message
Marco Descher is currently offline Marco DescherFriend
Dear List,

I need to pass a parameter to javac during the build of the workspace, as I need the encoding to be in UTF-8!
How can I achieve this, I did not find a respective parameter?

It should be just like
javac -encoding=UTF-8 or the setting in the Eclipse workspace Preferences/General/Workspace

thx,
Marco

Hope, the list is right for this?!?
Re: [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #639189 is a reply to message #639128] Mon, 15 November 2010 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Marco,

Just set that preference in an empty workspace, then zip it and use it as your template workspace for your build. That's
the way you'd set most of the preferences. Not just encoding, but also all warnings/errors, jdk compliance, etc.

HTH,
Thomas Hallgren

On 11/15/2010 12:33 PM, Marco Descher wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I need to pass a parameter to javac during the build of the workspace, as I need the encoding to be in UTF-8!
> How can I achieve this, I did not find a respective parameter?
>
> It should be just like
> javac -encoding=UTF-8 or the setting in the Eclipse workspace Preferences/General/Workspace
>
> thx,
> Marco
>
> Hope, the list is right for this?!?
Re: [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #640851 is a reply to message #639189] Tue, 23 November 2010 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Thomas and List,

thanks for your help, there are however the following problems:

According to the bucky book, the respective option should be -t, this however results in

INFO: import '-t' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.parser.InvalidOptionExceptio n: The option '-t' is invalid
A successive use of --template results in
INFO: import '--template' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
Workspace at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace is not empty
I think I've seen this one before, but don't have a clue!

Marco

Am 15.11.2010 um 15:51 schrieb Thomas Hallgren:

> Hi Marco,
>
> Just set that preference in an empty workspace, then zip it and use it as your template workspace for your build. That's the way you'd set most of the preferences. Not just encoding, but also all warnings/errors, jdk compliance, etc.
>
> HTH,
> Thomas Hallgren
>
> On 11/15/2010 12:33 PM, Marco Descher wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I need to pass a parameter to javac during the build of the workspace, as I need the encoding to be in UTF-8!
>> How can I achieve this, I did not find a respective parameter?
>>
>> It should be just like
>> javac -encoding=UTF-8 or the setting in the Eclipse workspace Preferences/General/Workspace
>>
>> thx,
>> Marco
>>
>> Hope, the list is right for this?!?
>
> _______________________________________________
> buckminster-dev mailing list
> buckminster-dev@eclipse.org
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev
Re: [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #640893 is a reply to message #640851] Tue, 23 November 2010 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2010-11-23 11:51, Marco Descher wrote:
> Hey Thomas and List,
>
> thanks for your help, there are however the following problems:
>
> According to the bucky book, the respective option should be -t, this however results in
>
> INFO: import '-t' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
> org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.parser.InvalidOptionExceptio n: The option '-t' is invalid

I think you can use either -T or --template so the documentation is wrong.

> A successive use of --template results in
> INFO: import '--template' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
> Workspace at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace is not empty
> I think I've seen this one before, but don't have a clue!
>
It means that the workspace that you are trying to import to already exists and has some content (a .metadata folder
most likely). That's not permitted when you start with a template.

- thomas
Re: [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #641103 is a reply to message #640893] Wed, 24 November 2010 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I do execute the following subsequent steps within Hudson:

+ rm -Rf .metadata/
[After checking in the Repo, which is necessary, I do entirely remove the .metadata]

+ [workspace] $ java -Dbuckminster.output.root=/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_2.1_Co re_Build/workspace/buckminster.output -Dbuckminster.temp.root=/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_2.1_Core _Build/workspace/buckminster.temp -DtargetPlatformPath=/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_2.1_Core_Bu ild/workspace/targetPlatform -jar /usr/local/bin/buckminster-headless/plugins/org.eclipse.equi nox.launcher_1..1.0.v20100507.jar -application org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data /var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_2.1_Core_Build/workspace --loglevel info -S /var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_2.1_Core_Build/workspace/command s.txt
I
NFO: import '--template' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_2.1_Core_Build/workspace/site.c ore.elexis/site.cquery'
Workspace at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_2.1_Core_Build/workspace is not empty

So there definitely is no .metadata within the workspace. The only things located in there is the cloned mercurial repository!

Is there a way to have more output on what files the templateworkspace actually bangs on? Or is there a way to force the template into existence?

thx,
marco

Am 23.11.2010 um 14:09 schrieb Thomas Hallgren:

> On 2010-11-23 11:51, Marco Descher wrote:
>> Hey Thomas and List,
>>
>> thanks for your help, there are however the following problems:
>>
>> According to the bucky book, the respective option should be -t, this however results in
>>
>> INFO: import '-t' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
>> org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.parser.InvalidOptionExceptio n: The option '-t' is invalid
>
> I think you can use either -T or --template so the documentation is wrong.
>
>> A successive use of --template results in
>> INFO: import '--template' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
>> Workspace at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace is not empty
>> I think I've seen this one before, but don't have a clue!
>>
> It means that the workspace that you are trying to import to already exists and has some content (a .metadata folder most likely). That's not permitted when you start with a template.
>
> - thomas
Re: [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #641104 is a reply to message #640893] Wed, 24 November 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh hey,

seems like theres already been a report on that with Hudson:
http://issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-8083

Am 23.11.2010 um 14:09 schrieb Thomas Hallgren:

> On 2010-11-23 11:51, Marco Descher wrote:
>> Hey Thomas and List,
>>
>> thanks for your help, there are however the following problems:
>>
>> According to the bucky book, the respective option should be -t, this however results in
>>
>> INFO: import '-t' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
>> org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.parser.InvalidOptionExceptio n: The option '-t' is invalid
>
> I think you can use either -T or --template so the documentation is wrong.
>
>> A successive use of --template results in
>> INFO: import '--template' '/home/marco/templateWorkspace.zip' '/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace/site .core.elexis/org.eclipse.platform.mspec'
>> Workspace at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/Elexis_Trunk_Core_Build/workspace is not empty
>> I think I've seen this one before, but don't have a clue!
>>
> It means that the workspace that you are trying to import to already exists and has some content (a .metadata folder most likely). That's not permitted when you start with a template.
>
> - thomas
Re: [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #641172 is a reply to message #641103] Wed, 24 November 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2010-11-24 10:24, Marco Descher wrote:

> Is there a way to have more output on what files the templateworkspace actually bangs on? Or is there a way to force the template into existence?
>
It bangs on everything. The workspace must be empty.

- thomas
Re: [buckminster-dev] Passing javac parameter [message #641173 is a reply to message #641172] Wed, 24 November 2010 13:15 Go to previous message
On 2010-11-24 14:04, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> On 2010-11-24 10:24, Marco Descher wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to have more output on what files the templateworkspace actually bangs on? Or is there a way to force
>> the template into existence?
>>

The workspace template is just a zip. So an alternative to using the -T or --template option is to simply unzip it
before you do the import.

- thomas
Previous Topic:[buckminster-dev] Newbie to Buckminster
Next Topic:Wrong Emma Basic Block Count in Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:46:18 GMT 2024