|Project at the root of a Network Share does not display files [message #638822]
||Fri, 12 November 2010 16:47
Registered: November 2010
When creating a new General Project in Eclipse, the contents of the project do not appear if the location of the project is set to be the root of a Windows share. In addition, the Properties view says that the "Resource does not exist". If I set the location of the project one folder down from the root, the problem doesn't occur. If I map a drive to that location, the problem doesn't occur.|
Additionally if I drag a file from another project, the file will appear, but as soon as I refresh it does not appear in the navigator and Eclipse prompts me to delete the project.
I saw this problem in my RCP application which is built from Eclipse 3.4.0, but I tested it in clean downloads of Eclipse without my application (3.4.0, 3.4.2, 3.5.0, and 3.6.1 - All Windows 32bit). They all have the same issue. I searched through buzilla and couldn't find this issue. Is this a bug? Or is there something I am not doing correctly?
To replicate the problem:
- Create a General Project with the default location
- Create a General Project to the root directory of a Windows share ex //machine/sharename
- Look at the properties of the remote project (See the error message)
- In the local project create a text file
- Drag the text file from the local project to the project on the share
- Refresh the network share project
- Eclipse should complain about the project location not existing.
- Also observe that the file is actually in the network share location despite Eclipse not seeing it anymore.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01914 seconds