Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » justify items inside a compartment,
justify items inside a compartment, [message #637752] Mon, 08 November 2010 17:07 Go to next message
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud is currently offline Elhamlaoui MahmoudFriend
Hi guys,

How can I left justify items inside a compartment, i tried the affixed parent side but its not working inside a compartment,

any ideas?
thanks
Re: justify items inside a compartment, [message #637839 is a reply to message #637752] Tue, 09 November 2010 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asiri Rathnayake is currently offline Asiri RathnayakeFriend
Hi,

What kind of a compartment are you using? AFAIR list compartments by default layout their items left justified (what kind of items btw?), you can customize the compartment layout within the XXXCompartmentEditPart like below:

/**
 * @generated NOT
 */
public IFigure createFigure() {
	ResizableCompartmentFigure result = (ResizableCompartmentFigure) super.createFigure();		
	result.setTitleVisibility(false);

ConstrainedToolbarLayout layout = (ConstrainedToolbarLayout) result.getContentPane().getLayoutManager(); // Works only with list compartments.
	// Configure layout.

return result;
}

Now if your compartment is a shape compartment (free form), I don't think you should be trying to left justify items in it. Also note that "affixed parent side" is used for a completely different purpose.

Hope this helps.

- Asiri
Re: justify items inside a compartment, [message #637840 is a reply to message #637752] Tue, 09 November 2010 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[deleted duplicated message]

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2010 07:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: justify items inside a compartment, [message #637919 is a reply to message #637840] Tue, 09 November 2010 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Asiri,

thanks for the reply, ure right i was using shapecompartment Rolling Eyes , i have changed to a list compartment and all my elments are as expected on the left side, however i have figures with different size, and when i add a figure it change it size to have the same size as the biggest one on the list and some figures arent entirely displayed.
how can i fix this issue,

thanks a lot
Re: justify items inside a compartment, [message #637924 is a reply to message #637752] Tue, 09 November 2010 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

ConstrainedToolbarLayout has several options like setStretchMajorAxis(), setStretchMinorAxis() and setIgnoreInvisibleChildren() did you fiddle with them to see if you can achieve your goal with them? Sometimes I just set / unset these flags and observe the effect they make, and most of the time some combination works out Wink

- Asiri

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2010 11:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: justify items inside a compartment, [message #637930 is a reply to message #637924] Tue, 09 November 2010 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi , Crying or Very Sad

i ve tried this but if the figure is longer than a certain size it display just a part of it (left side in my case)
Quote:

ResizableCompartmentFigure result = (ResizableCompartmentFigure) super
.createFigure();
ConstrainedToolbarLayout layout = (ConstrainedToolbarLayout) result.getContentPane().getLayoutManager();
layout.setStretchMinorAxis(true);
layout.setMinorAlignment(FlowLayout.ALIGN_LEFTTOP);
layout.setSpacing(20);
result.setLayoutManager(layout);
return result;
}

Re: justify items inside a compartment, [message #637939 is a reply to message #637752] Tue, 09 November 2010 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

ResizableCompartmentFigure result = (ResizableCompartmentFigure) super.createFigure();
	ConstrainedToolbarLayout layout = (ConstrainedToolbarLayout) 	result.getContentPane().getLayoutManager();
	layout.setStretchMinorAxis(true);
	layout.setSpacing(20);
	result.setLayoutManager(layout); // This is wrong.
	return result;
}

I think you are trying to override the layout manager of the ResizableCompartmentFigure; we are only adjusting the content pane's layout manager so setting the layout manager of ResizableCompartmentFigure is wrong. May be try removing that line? Smile

- Asiri
Re: justify items inside a compartment, [message #638006 is a reply to message #637939] Tue, 09 November 2010 15:52 Go to previous message
Hi Shocked,

Giving a good result, thanks a lot Asiri.
Previous Topic:View Factories are not generated any more
Next Topic:Observe .ecore changes made via ecorediag (ecoretools editor)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:17:42 GMT 2024