Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » PackageAdmin.refreshPackages() - bundle graph calculation when fragment bundles are installed
PackageAdmin.refreshPackages() - bundle graph calculation when fragment bundles are installed [message #636829] Wed, 03 November 2010 02:06 Go to next message
Lindsay Smith is currently offline Lindsay SmithFriend
I'd like some details about how equinox calculates which bundles need to be stopped and started again when fragment bundles are installed.

Lets say that the following bundles are currently installed and started:

com.foo.bar - version 1.0
com.foo.bar - version 1.1

So thats two bundles with the same symbolic name but different versions.

Lets say that I install a fragment bundle with the following header:

Fragment-Host: com.foo.bar;bundle-version=[1.1,1.1]

In order to attach the fragment, I call refreshPackages(), passing in the com.foo.bar:1.1 bundle reference.

The question is - how does equinox determine the bundles that need to be re-resolved in this case?

In my experience, equinox stops and starts both com.foo.bar bundles, not just the one that is indicated by the bundle-version header. Is this behaviour expected?

Re: PackageAdmin.refreshPackages() - bundle graph calculation when fragment bundles are installed [message #637026 is a reply to message #636829] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
In Equinox when you refresh a bundle with a particular symbolic name we also pull in other versions of the bundle with the same symbolic name. This has historically been done to ensure optimal singleton selection when re-resolving. Also see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=169593 for more details.
Re: PackageAdmin.refreshPackages() - bundle graph calculation when fragment bundles are installed [message #637036 is a reply to message #636829] Wed, 03 November 2010 21:34 Go to previous message
Lindsay Smith is currently offline Lindsay SmithFriend
Thanks Thomas, that explains the behaviour I am seeing.
Previous Topic:Update site dependency plugins url binding
Next Topic:VTK and Equinox on Mac OS X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:58:17 GMT 2024