Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » TreeViewer with multiple columns(TreeViewer with multiple columns)
TreeViewer with multiple columns [message #636638] Tue, 02 November 2010 10:14 Go to next message
Heiko is currently offline HeikoFriend
Hi,

in our RCP application we use TreeViewer w/ multiple columns (w/o cell editors). We had no problem with Eclipse 3.3, but now when upgrading to Eclipse 3.6.1 we got a problem when a tree item is expanded. After expanding an item there will be displayed only a single empty row as a sub-item. The model behind the viewer is very simple, I'm using a content provider based on ITreeContentProvider, a label provider based on ITableLabelProvider.

Are there any known differences between 3.3 and 3.6.1 on the usage of a TreeViewer w/ multiple columns?

Thx for any help.

Regards,

Heiko
Re: TreeViewer with multiple columns [message #637378 is a reply to message #636638] Fri, 05 November 2010 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there anybody who has an advice?
Re: TreeViewer with multiple columns [message #637385 is a reply to message #637378] Fri, 05 November 2010 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Well you say it worked in 3.3 and the big changes we made have been made
between 3.2 and 3.3 (introduction of ColumnLabelProvider,
TreeViewerColumn, ...).

OTOH there is no known problem but naturally it would tremendously to
track it down if you'd provide a snippet I can run to reproduce. You
could naturally also try to use the 3.3 API we introduced which IMHO is
much better than the index based one and gives you extra features like
Tooltip support.

Tom

Am 05.11.10 11:08, schrieb Heiko:
> Is there anybody who has an advice?
Re: TreeViewer with multiple columns [message #637662 is a reply to message #637385] Mon, 08 November 2010 09:22 Go to previous message
Hi Tom,

thx for your answer. I found the error in our application. In the tree we implemented we wanted that if a node is expanded all the other nodes should be collapsed. So there was a tree listener which called TreeViewer.collapseAll on expansion (treeExpanded). With Eclipse 3.3 it worked, all items were collapsed and the expanded item was expanded. With 3.6.1 it doesn't work any longer. So now I go and collapse only the expanded elements. It works.

Regards,

Heiko
Previous Topic:Can I add Button to Coolbar
Next Topic:Best Practices Data Flow JFace Wizards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:28:49 GMT 2024