Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » 5493 File size limit exceeded(reduce data from tptp)
5493 File size limit exceeded [message #635326] Tue, 26 October 2010 12:47 Go to next message
Mikael Petterson is currently offline Mikael PettersonFriend
Hi,

I am using the following to profile my app when running our tests:

This is what i use on the command line:

JAVA_HOME/bin/java '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone,file=/ho me/eraonel/tmp/log.trcxml,filters=/home/eraonel/tmp/filters. txt;CGProf' -classpath $CLASSPATH org.junit.runner.JUnitCore se.ericsson.wcdma.rnc.roam.testenv.testcases.generated.AllTe sts

It runs and writes large amounts of data to /eraonel/tmp/log.trcxml
and soon I get the following:

5493 File size limit exceeded

How can I make sure that data for my classes are written to log?

This is what I have in my filters.txt

se.mypackage.* INCLUDE
* * EXCLUDE

br,

//mike
Re: 5493 File size limit exceeded [message #635469 is a reply to message #635326] Tue, 26 October 2010 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan WestFriend
Hi Mikael, would you be able to provide details on your operating system configuration? What is the file size limit that you are encountering?

It looks like you have an error in your filter file:
se.mypackage.* INCLUDE

should be se.mypackage.* * INCLUDE
(this may just be a typo in the message)

If that doesn't fix the issue, my first recommendation would be to profile with just * * EXCLUDE, in order to verify that your filters file is being correctly picked up. If the profiler can't locate the filter file, it will use an empty filter set which will generated a large amount of data. If the filter file being picked up correctly, the * * EXCLUDE should produce only a small file.

Unfortunately, beyond increasing the filter, there is not much else you can do to reduce the amount of data being generated by the profiler. This is always the option of using enabled or controlled and attaching from the Eclipse workbench, if standalone is not working out.

Finally, you may want to investigate why you are receiving this error from the operating system. Some operating systems limit the size of files that can be written by 32-bit processes, for instance, so you may want to switch to a 64-bit JVM and see if the behaviour continues. Some file systems do not support large files without modifications, etc.
Re: 5493 File size limit exceeded [message #635520 is a reply to message #635469] Wed, 27 October 2010 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mikael Petterson is currently offline Mikael PettersonFriend
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reply.

Yes a typo sneaked into my post Smile

I tested using:

* * EXCLUDE

and it got a small file. So it seems like it picks up the filters.txt
I need to minimize the data being produced for e.g. execution statistics. Is summaries made in log.trcxml output or does this file only contain "raw data" that is parsed by tptp and presented?

I will try to specify packages to filter and see if I can reduce the amount of data.

br,

//mike
Re: 5493 File size limit exceeded [message #635976 is a reply to message #635520] Thu, 28 October 2010 19:20 Go to previous message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan WestFriend
Hi Mikael,

The data that is written to the file is the "raw data" that would be received by the profiler, rather than a summary of the total execution. This is why the file can get very large very quickly.
Previous Topic:Find log file
Next Topic:unhandled event loop exception and tptp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:46:06 GMT 2024