Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Registering compare
Registering compare [message #633901] Tue, 19 October 2010 18:11 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi,

In hosted Eclipse Runtime I can't seem to get compare to work for my own models -- I've registered them under content types. Any ideas about what might be going wrong?

Also, does it make sense to register these programmatically or through extension point?

thanks,

Miles
Re: Registering compare [message #696260 is a reply to message #633901] Wed, 13 July 2011 15:19 Go to previous message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
Hi Miles. I realize that's a pretty late answer but I just came upon this newsgroup, EMF compare is using the EMF one (and used to use the EMFT one).

For the record, yes you should either extend the EMF Compare content type directly and then the platform should call EMF compare, or specify the compare merger with your own content type like this :

<extension
point="org.eclipse.compare.contentMergeViewers">
<viewer
class="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.viewer.content.ParameterizedContentMergeViewerCreator"
id="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.contentmergeviewer.ModelContentMergeViewer"/>
<contentTypeBinding
contentMergeViewerId="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.contentmergeviewer.ModelContentMergeViewer"
contentTypeId="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.contenttype.ModelContentType"/>
<contentTypeBinding
contentMergeViewerId="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.contentmergeviewer.ModelContentMergeViewer"
contentTypeId="org.eclipse.emf.ecore"/>
<contentTypeBinding
contentTypeId="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi">
</contentTypeBinding>
</extension>
<extension
point="org.eclipse.compare.structureMergeViewers">
<viewer
class="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.viewer.structure.ParameterizedStructureMergeViewerCreator"
extensions="*"
id="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.structuremergeviewer.ModelStructureMergeViewer"/>
<contentTypeBinding
structureMergeViewerId="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.structuremergeviewer.ModelStructureMergeViewer"
contentTypeId="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.contenttype.ModelContentType"/>
<contentTypeBinding
structureMergeViewerId="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.structuremergeviewer.ModelStructureMergeViewer"
contentTypeId="org.eclipse.emf.ecore"/>
<contentTypeBinding
contentTypeId="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi"
structureMergeViewerId="org.eclipse.emf.compare.ui.structuremergeviewer.ModelStructureMergeViewer">
</contentTypeBinding>
</extension>

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Previous Topic:Functional IDs and other customisations
Next Topic:[EMF Compare] [Compare] Extension point for IPAF registration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:13:11 GMT 2024