Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Custom Creation Tool: problems with connection tool
Custom Creation Tool: problems with connection tool [message #633523] Mon, 18 October 2010 10:28 Go to next message
Giovanni De Sossi is currently offline Giovanni De SossiFriend

Hi all,

following this answer http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=174763& amp; amp;start=0S=2f6d2f1342bce313c5779e790819c5ce I created my custom creation tool, override targetRequest and pick the parameter in [myObject]EditHelper class; but when I tried to do the same with Connection Creation Tool, I'm unable to retrieve the parameter previously set (the request is empty). The only difference I can see between two workflow is the type of TargetRequest I created: CreateUnspecifiedTypeRequest in case of creation tool, CreateUnspecifiedTypeConnectionRequest in case of connection...maybe is this the problem? Anyone knows about?

Thanks,
Giovanni.
Re: Custom Creation Tool: problems with connection tool [message #633621 is a reply to message #633523] Mon, 18 October 2010 14:52 Go to previous message
Giovanni De Sossi is currently offline Giovanni De SossiFriend

I found a solution: in case of ConnectionCreationTool I have to return a CreateConnectionViewRequest as a targetRequest, not a CreateUnspecifiedTypeConnectionRequest... this way, it works.

Hope this helps, bye

Giovanni.
Previous Topic:Automatic validation.
Next Topic:Initialization of diagram problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:37:33 GMT 2024