Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Trying to Figure out how LimeWire Works(I don't understand why the debugger doesn't reach any of these breakpoints.)
Trying to Figure out how LimeWire Works [message #632961] Thu, 14 October 2010 19:53
Kevin Simonson is currently offline Kevin SimonsonFriend
Okay, I'm trying to figure out how LimeWire works. It's open source, so I just checked out its source code to my local Eclipse and built it. I run it, and it appears to run just fine; I can use it to download files and they get downloaded successfully.

When I run LimeWire, either directly or in the debugger, the GUI comes up with a text field on the top with the grayed out word "Search...", and immediately to its right is a green button with a sort of a Q-shaped icon on it, and when I move the cursor over it I get the tip "Search P2P Network".

Now when I do a recursive search on all the "*.java" files in my workspace, there's only one file that has "Search P2P Network" in it, and that's "SearchBar.java". I set breakpoints to the left of the three places where "P2P" is mentioned in that file, <searchButton.setToolTipText(I18n.tr("Search P2P Network"));>, <searchButton.setToolTipText(I18n.tr("Search P2P Network and Friends"));>, and another <searchButton.setToolTipText(I18n.tr("Search P2P Network"));>.

Then I run LimeWire in debug mode. It brings up the GUI with the mentioned text field and the mentioned green button, but it _never stops at any_ of those three breakpoints. Can anyone explain how this can be happening? Doesn't the code _have_ to stop at one of those <setToolTipText()>s in order for that green button to have that tool tip? I'm at a loss here. I need to figure out why it's doing this, and I haven't got a clue. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin S
Previous Topic:Android ADT - Can't get past install error
Next Topic:How to cleanly get ICompilationUnit for StorageEditorInput?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:48:13 GMT 2024