Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » P2 Agent not found when running P2-installer
P2 Agent not found when running P2-installer [message #632176] Mon, 11 October 2010 22:11 Go to next message
Mario Van Steenberghe is currently offline Mario Van SteenbergheFriend
Hi,

I'm looking into using p2 for updating our existing client RCP application. It is my intention to use the p2-installer to download/update the applicaton on the customer's machines. The installer itself will be made available through JNLP

Now.... I've checked out the p2-installer source code.

When I try to run the p2-installer product, it seems that the agent service is not registered, and gives me the following NullPointer exception :

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installer 4 0 2010-10-11 23:58:40.656
!MESSAGE An error occurred during installation
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.installer.InstallApplication .startAgent(InstallApplication.java:208)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.installer.InstallApplication .start(InstallApplication.java:142)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

When I run the p2-installer.exe, everything works fine, so there must be something different between running it from my workspace and running it from the binary executable

(NOTE : I have the same exception when I run the p2-installer from java webstart)

Many thanks in advance for your help.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2010 22:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: P2 Agent not found when running P2-installer [message #632179 is a reply to message #632176] Mon, 11 October 2010 22:40 Go to previous message
Mario Van Steenberghe is currently offline Mario Van SteenbergheFriend
Hello,

I have found the solution to my problem Razz

I forgot to add the simpleconfigurator start-up bundles to my JNLP file:

<property name="osgi.bundles" value="org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator@start"/>
<property name="org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl" value=" http://localhost:8080/p2_installer_web/configuration/org.ecl ipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info"/>

Regards,
Mario.
Previous Topic:[Policy] Invalid thread access with force restart
Next Topic:Feature install modifying config.ini?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:23:51 GMT 2024