Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Source code for "osgi.clean" option
Source code for "osgi.clean" option [message #631962] Mon, 11 October 2010 03:39 Go to next message
Barrie Treloar is currently offline Barrie TreloarFriend
Hi,

We have a RCP 3.2.2 application that we are updating via Microsoft SCCM (since the mobile platform is managed this way as well)

To save bandwidth we are replacing bundles in the plugins directory and therefore we need to clear the plugin cache, etc that running with "-clean" or "osgi.clean=true" would do.

I've tried google but haven't had much luck in finding the source code that handles "osgi.clean" as I need to duplicate this process so that SCCM can patch in headless/logged off mode.

Can anyone point me in the right location please?

Thanks,
Barrie
Re: Source code for "osgi.clean" option [message #632066 is a reply to message #631962] Mon, 11 October 2010 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
The source is in the framework implementation (org.eclipse.osgi) in the org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.cleanOSGiC ache() method.

You can find the source here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/org.eclipse.equinox /framework/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi/defaultAdaptor/src/org/e clipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/BaseStorage.java?root=RT_Pr oject&view=log

But I will tell you that the -clean option simply removes the org.eclipse.osgi/ directory found in the configuration folder for your particular configuration of eclipse.

HTH

Tom.
Re: Source code for "osgi.clean" option [message #632182 is a reply to message #632066] Mon, 11 October 2010 23:29 Go to previous message
Barrie Treloar is currently offline Barrie TreloarFriend
That will absolutely help!

I was hoping it was that simple. This will make some people happy.

Cheers.
Previous Topic:How to retrieve the consumer with declarative services?
Next Topic:Eclipse & Datanucleus - OSGI problem?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:00:55 GMT 2024