Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » A helper with a "Type element" parameter
icon5.gif  A helper with a "Type element" parameter [message #631353] Thu, 07 October 2010 08:18 Go to next message
Marc Mising name is currently offline Marc Mising nameFriend
Hi!

My goal is to get all the elements of certain type contained into an element. Its possible to create a helper that is applied to a type of element, and I pass as argument the type of elements I want to get? Something like that:

helper context metamodel!element def : getContainedTypedElements(type : metamodel!elementType) : Sequence(metamodel!elementType) = ...;

The parameter is not an element instance, but a MetaClass.

Thanks!
Re: A helper with a "Type element" parameter [message #631363 is a reply to message #631353] Thu, 07 October 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
.oclIsTypeOf(type)
will work just fine
Re: A helper with a "Type element" parameter [message #631364 is a reply to message #631363] Thu, 07 October 2010 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, sorry, perhaps I have not explain the problem correctly. I want to iterate the ALL contents of an element, looking for elements of certain Type.

Can I iterate a Tree in ATL? If I can do it, I can iterate the eAllContents() of an eObject and make my own checks in order to retrieve the elements I want to get.

Thanks Sylvain.
Re: A helper with a "Type element" parameter [message #631369 is a reply to message #631353] Thu, 07 October 2010 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
You can't use .eAllContents() but you can re-code it using .eContents() which is available in ATL transformations.
Re: A helper with a "Type element" parameter [message #631380 is a reply to message #631369] Thu, 07 October 2010 11:04 Go to previous message
Thanks Sylvain!!!

I have coded the eAllContents indicating the type of the elements you want to retrieve. Perhaps it's usefull for anybody, so I Copy&Paste the ATL code here.

helper def: contentList : Sequence(metamodel!ReturnedElementType) = Sequence {};
helper context metamodel!ElementType def : contentsOfType(type : String) : Sequence (metamodel!ReturnedElementType) =
	if self.eContents().notEmpty() then
		thisModule.contentList->
			union(self.eContents()->select(e | e.eClass().getName() = type))->
			union(self.eContents()->iterate(e; seq : Sequence (sketcher!SketcherElement) = Sequence {} |
				seq.union(e.contentsOfType(type))))
	else
		thisModule.contentList
	endif;

The call is something like that:

element.contentsOfType('metamodel!ReturnedElementType')
Previous Topic:[ATL] How can i use a XML injector in a build in ATL 3.1 ?
Next Topic:[ATL] Bug in stack handling in 3.1.1?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:03:36 GMT 2024