Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Use plugins while executing code(How do I use functionality from installed plugins while executing code within the eclipse plattform)
Use plugins while executing code [message #630500] Sun, 03 October 2010 12:38 Go to next message
Björn is currently offline BjörnFriend
Hi,

I use the Eclipse plattform to develop my javaprogramm.

In the eclipse I have a plugin that requires a running eclipse instance to work.
Which works fine.

What I want to do is call a method from that plugin from inside my programm, while executing it from inside eclipse.

How could this work ?

Cheers
Björn
Re: Use plugins while executing code [message #842682 is a reply to message #630500] Thu, 12 April 2012 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Reichenbach is currently offline Cedric ReichenbachFriend
I know how old this thread is... But I'm working on a similar issue right now.
You can communicate between those two VMs by using RMI or SIMON; SIMON worked fine for me after a while of experimenting... Wink
But to have a hook-in point in the workspace (method for user to call), you would have to be able to expose libraries to the workspace, but I haven't figured out by now... If you find out how, please let me know! Very Happy

Update:

Solved it! I had to define a ClasspathContainer and some QuickfixProcessor, looking at JUnit source code helped a lot. The key hint was someone pointing me to the extension point
org.eclipse.jdt.ui.classpathContainerPage

[Updated on: Sun, 30 September 2012 17:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Use plugins while executing code [message #842684 is a reply to message #630500] Thu, 12 April 2012 14:21 Go to previous message
Cedric Reichenbach is currently offline Cedric ReichenbachFriend
Accidential double post...

[Updated on: Sun, 30 September 2012 17:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:update url in the feature manifest
Next Topic:Start a wizard if I select a text from file with right button of mouse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:31:24 GMT 2024