Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Scrapbook not working
Scrapbook not working [message #630322] Fri, 01 October 2010 15:14 Go to next message
Andrea  is currently offline Andrea Friend
Hello

I am new to java and eclipse. I am running java 1.6.0_21 and eclipse 3.6.1

I created a project called Test and created a basic class in the default package and added a scropbook page and this worked fine.

I then started working through an online tutorial which asked me to create a project called TotalBeginner and a package called org.totalbeginner.tutorial. The scrapbook does not work in this project. I cannot inspect an expression or run a statement. In both cases Eclipse displays 'evaluating' and then after about 10 seconds I get the error 'unable to obtain an execution context.'

I have fiddled with the 2 projects such that the only difference appears to be the project name and package name.

Many thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 01 October 2010 15:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scrapbook not working [message #630428 is a reply to message #630322] Sat, 02 October 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hofer  is currently offline Hofer Friend
right-click the scrapbook file in eclipse and choose properties and in the properties select the Scrapbook Runtime and in it make sure the runtime jre is set properly.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2010 10:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scrapbook not working [message #630488 is a reply to message #630428] Sun, 03 October 2010 10:20 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I'm getting the same error. I successfully navigated the total beginner tutorial, but now I'm doing my own project and all of a sudden scrapbook doesn't work. the JRE seems fine:

'J2SE-1.5' (JVM 1.5.0 (MacOS X Default))

I read somewhere that the Debug/Step settings could cause this error. I recently opened the Debug perspective by accident. could this have affected the scrapbook.
Note: when i quit Eclipse and then restart, the Scrapbook runs fine for the first couple Inspections, then this err starts.

help!

-Jonathan
Previous Topic:Retrieve JarEntryFile from jar
Next Topic:Referenced Library cannot be read in Java Class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:22:07 GMT 2024