Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Ant editor giving problems for Ant 1.8 in Helios
Ant editor giving problems for Ant 1.8 in Helios [message #629483] Tue, 28 September 2010 13:04
Kieran Simpson is currently offline Kieran SimpsonFriend
I upgraded my OS Ant version to 1.8.1 (I use Gentoo Linux if that's important). Previously I was using the OS's install of Ant 1.7.1 from within Eclipse Helios by changing the Ant Runtime to point to my Ant installation (/usr/share/ant). However after upgrading to Ant 1.8.1 I'm getting errors/warnings in the Ant editor when using 1.8 features.

For example if I try to import from a JAR via the tag Eclipse gives me a warning saying that doesn't support the tag. However the build file runs with no errors (using macrodefs from the imported file) from both within Eclipse and on the command line.

Therefore I know that Ant is working properly, but I don't know why the Ant Editor is reporting problems.

The code in the build file is:

<import>
  <javaresource name="file.xml" />
</import>

The warning from Eclipse is:

import doesn't support the nested "javaresource" element.

The above is true for < Ant 1.8.

My Eclipse install is the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, Helios Release, Build id: 20100617-1415

Is this problem related to the Release Notes note of "Ant Editor code completion based on Ant 1.6.1"?
Previous Topic:Eclipse exceutes commented and recently deleted code
Next Topic:declared package does not match the expected package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:12:41 GMT 2024