Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Comments from Gemini team on Gemini within RCP/Equinox?
Comments from Gemini team on Gemini within RCP/Equinox? [message #628920] Fri, 24 September 2010 17:39 Go to next message
Pete Carapetyan is currently offline Pete CarapetyanFriend
Does anyone on the Gemini team have suggestions on learning the steps necessary to include and start Gemini bundles within an RCP app?

I have found several sources from years back that only seem to confuse me further. I have a very simple desired outcome:
1. Include all the correct bundles and none of the wrong ones.
2. Somehow get equinox to start the correct bundle for initiating the rest of the process that Gemini does on it's own.
3. Have Gemini start and add as a service the same OSGi bundles that I currently have wired in successfully using the <osgi:service ref="fooService"......> or similar, with STS and it's included dmserver.

It seems like such a simple thing, but I'm missing a couple important pieces somewhere. If it's any indication of where I am, I also seem to be just as clueless getting normal Spring beans added as part of the RCP mix.

This was posted as a thread earlier but it got intercepted by the Virgo team by accident.
Re: Comments from Gemini team on Gemini within RCP/Equinox? [message #631671 is a reply to message #628920] Fri, 08 October 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Pete,

In case this wasn't answered on the other thread that it was buried inside, I am not aware of the problems that an RCP app might introduce, but is it just that the Activator doesn't get called? Can you be more specific about which Gemini project bundles you want to run?
Re: Comments from Gemini team on Gemini within RCP/Equinox? [message #631733 is a reply to message #631671] Fri, 08 October 2010 14:46 Go to previous message
Pete Carapetyan is currently offline Pete CarapetyanFriend
Thanks for your reply Mike, I finally found what I needed from Ralf Ebert's blog from a year ago. The missing ingredient was the eclipse target platform runtime issues that I had never wrestled with, and Ralf Ebert's blog assumes you are already knowledgable in that area.

Got a buddy to help me with target platform setup.

So all is well, on this problem, hope to publish my positive results in a friendly how to blog, as soon as I get past next issues with osgi.extender (different forum thread).
Previous Topic:osgi.extender fails to inspect some bundles
Next Topic:Gemini JPA 1.0 Milestone 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:24:30 GMT 2024