Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Getting the bundle from the classloader?
Getting the bundle from the classloader? [message #63197] Tue, 07 March 2006 15:34 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

I recently blogged about <a href=" http://alblue.blogspot.com/2006/03/javaeclipse-running-all-t ests-in.html">running all tests in Eclipse</a>, using a dynamic mechanism to query all classes ending in *Test, instead of having to create an AllTests class manually. (Apart from anything else, it can selectively ignore platform tests as well as span projects.)

When I was implenting the code, I wanted to get hold of the Bundle that was associated with a particular class (e.g. via the classloader), to get the bundle name and from there the list of the bundle's contents. I couldn't find an easy way to do it, so in the end I went for an implementation that used conventions rather than a proper lookup (by using the package name and assuming package name == bundle name).

Is there a public API to query this information?

Alex.
Re: Getting the bundle from the classloader? [message #63220 is a reply to message #63197] Tue, 07 March 2006 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremy Volkman is currently offline Jeremy VolkmanFriend
The proper way would be to use the PackageAdmin service provided by
Equinox (and part of the OSGi specification). In particular, I think
you're looking for:

PackageAdmin.getBundle(Class) : Bundle

which returns the Bundle which owns the given Class.

Jeremy Volkman
Re: Getting the bundle from the classloader? [message #63244 is a reply to message #63220] Tue, 07 March 2006 18:07 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for :-)

Alex.
Previous Topic:Problems moving to latest serverside OSGI code
Next Topic:Programatically launch Equinox from Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:07:28 GMT 2024