Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Can't find source for specific jar/class when debugging tomcat webapp
Can't find source for specific jar/class when debugging tomcat webapp [message #626934] Wed, 22 September 2010 19:05
Dave N is currently offline Dave NFriend
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to java/eclipse development and I'm having a bit of a problem debugging code from a specific jar in a web app that my company uses.

First off, I have Tomcat setup properly and can run the webapp successfully (other than the bug that I'm trying to find!). There are about two dozen jar files in the lib directory for the webapp, and when I've tried to debug files in other jars the debugger catches their breakpoints correctly and everything is happy. Breakpoints I set in code in the new jar are skipped, and when I catch a breakpoint further along the debug stack any attempt to click to the class I'm interested in results in "Source not found".

I click the "Edit Source Lookup Path..." button, click the project that contains the code, and it returns me to the "Source not found" error. I've tried setting up the lookup path both as a project as well as a File System Directory and a Workspace Project. Same result every time. A weird thing I've noticed is it appears to blink the source file up for a fraction of a second before telling me it can't find the source.

I'm a little fuzzy on how exactly the debugger ties a particular function call in the debug stack window to source code - is it simply based on the package and class name of the course file? If so, I can't see why it wouldn't be working.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Previous Topic:Hot Replace always fails
Next Topic:Web-service generation fails with UnsupportedClassVersionError exception for WebSphere
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:20:20 GMT 2024