Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Sequence diagrams: How to add message data? And using editor in general...
Sequence diagrams: How to add message data? And using editor in general... [message #625966] Thu, 19 August 2010 14:22 Go to next message
Toralf Lund is currently offline Toralf LundFriend
I anyone here using the UML sequence diagram editor? Is it supposed to be complete enough to be usable these days? Any documentation?

I've figured out how to add objects/lifelines and arrows representing messages between them, but that's pretty much it. I'm unable to do other basic stuff like get a message description and parameter list to appear. Adding return data is also problematic - if I just mark a message as "Reply" I get a weird error message.

Also, how about including an Actor representing the user?

And I'm sure there are other questions, too, but the most fundamental one is already asked at the top of the message...

- Toralf
Re: Sequence diagrams: How to add message data? And using editor in general... [message #625978 is a reply to message #625966] Mon, 06 September 2010 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Waniek is currently offline Christian WaniekFriend
Hi Toralf,

Sequence-Diagrams are still in an experimental state. So it's very likely that there are a lot of features broken or not implemented yet.

I don't know when sequence diagrams will become useable.

Also I think the UML2-Tools are still a good choice you may look at the papyrus project. Maybe you'll find the sequence diagrams working htere, but I haven't tried this by myself.

Regards

Christian Waniek
Re: Sequence diagrams: How to add message data? And using editor in general... [message #651748 is a reply to message #625966] Tue, 01 February 2011 13:25 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
See EasyUML Editor http://www.easyumleditor.com. Very good tool to generate UML diagrams from Text
Previous Topic:How to generate UML from java source
Next Topic:How to generate UML from java source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:13:20 GMT 2024