Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » How to get from an EditPart instance to the Editor instance it is currently in?
How to get from an EditPart instance to the Editor instance it is currently in? [message #625832] Thu, 15 July 2010 20:50 Go to next message
SM is currently offline SMFriend
I am writing an eclipse plug-in that extends editor (UMLDiagramEditor). Inside the editor I put some EditParts. From some of these edit parts I need a reference to their encapsulating editor (so that for example, when clicking an instance of MyEditPart, I want to programmatically close the editor).

Please advise on the API to get from an EditPart instance to the Editor it is in.

Thanks.
Re: How to get from an EditPart instance to the Editor instance it is currently in? [message #625874 is a reply to message #625832] Tue, 27 July 2010 10:56 Go to previous message
Christian Waniek is currently offline Christian WaniekFriend
Hi

first, I don't know how to get the Editor for an EditPart. But maybe this forum isn't the right one because it rather looks like a GMF-related question. Maybe you should place your question in the GMF-Forum and link this thread to the new GMF-Thread.

Besides: I don't know your exact requirement but maybe it would do to only get the active editor. This could be a lot easier.

Regards
Christian Waniek
Previous Topic:How to get from an EditPart instance to the Editor instance it is currently in?
Next Topic:Couldn't find the Sequence diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:20:33 GMT 2024