Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » 'Arrange All' Layout Algorithm
'Arrange All' Layout Algorithm [message #625388] Sat, 12 December 2009 01:07 Go to next message
Mark Mandel is currently offline Mark MandelFriend
Hey guys,

Loving the work on UML2Tools, it's really great.

To give you a little bit of background, I'm currently writing a project for ColdFusion that generates the .uml file that contains the domain data, so it is easy to create Class Diagrams and the like.

When generating a new Class Diagram from this domain data, the layout of each of the Class's basically just does a long left->right layout, with no real accommodation of screen real estate. This means, I can end up spending some time hand laying out all my Classes and Primitives, and the like.

Obviously this is still pre-1.0 software, so I expect little things to go wrong, but I was wondering if this was something that was going to end up being looked at / adjusted in the future? It would save me a lot of time if the auto-arrangement had a more 'intelligent'(? not even sure if that is the right word) layout engine.

Anyway, keep up the great work, I just wanted to run it past you all.
Re: 'Arrange All' Layout Algorithm [message #625391 is a reply to message #625388] Sun, 13 December 2009 01:57 Go to previous message
Mark Mandel is currently offline Mark MandelFriend
Just as a response to this - as I am generating more generalisation and dependency data, the layout is getting a fair bit better. I didn't have this included in my domain data yet, so that may have made the difference.

It can still get quite muddled when showing lots of classes (especially when packages are displayed as frames), but all-together, it's not too bad.
Previous Topic:'Arrange All' Layout Algorithm
Next Topic:0.9.1 - Bug in Class Diagram Image Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:44:17 GMT 2024