Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Generalization Set in the profile level
Generalization Set in the profile level [message #624887] Thu, 01 October 2009 14:16
Bob Missing name is currently offline Bob Missing nameFriend
Hello,

I'm currently making a UML profile and I just tested some stereotypes on the UML metaclass Class. I just applied a few stereotypes on a class diagram and they're working fine. But, here comes the question:

The thing is that I can apply multiple stereotypes on the same class at the same time. For example, in a class diagram, I can apply both the stereotype <<Kind>> and <<Role>> to a class Person simultaneously, which is undesirable.

My idea to avoid this is by making a generalization set on the profile level that is {disjoint, complete}. In this example, let's say I have a stereotype <<Object>> that extends the UML metaclass Class, then I would like to make a generalization set with <<Kind>> and <<Role>> having as the general part <<Object>>. By doing this, I wouldn't be able to apply both <<Kind>> and <<Role>> in the class Person simultaneously.

So, is this feature (creating a generalization set in the profile level) available?

I'm not really familiar with the tools yet, but what I do in a Class Diagram level (*.umlclass file) to create a Generalization Set is:
1- I make one generalizaton, say B->A.
2- I make another generalization, the first target is the class C and the other target is the B->A generalization. That way, the graphical editor creates a generalization set with B->A and C->A.

I tried to do this in the profile level (*.umlprofile file) but it wasn't possible.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:StackOverflow on Csd diagram
Next Topic:Re: UML element already stereotyped in the palette to drag and drop onto the editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:54:45 GMT 2024