Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini JPA issue
Gemini JPA issue [message #624391] Wed, 22 September 2010 04:59 Go to next message
Brett Wooldridge is currently offline Brett WooldridgeFriend
Hello Gemini,

I'm starting to work with JPA M1 and am having trouble getting off the ground.

I have looked at the sample bundle, and am basing my work off of that.

I have a bundle, with an Activator that is basically a duplicate of the sample. It compiles without errors. I have included the gemini bundles, as well as the required org.eclipse.persistence.* bundle and osgi.enterprise bundle.

When my server (equinox-based) starts, I see this message in the console log:

"Gemini javax.persistence active"

as well as:

Sep 22, 2010 4:41:56 AM org.eclipse.persistence.javax.persistence.osgi.Activator log
FINE: org.eclipse.persistence.javax.persistence.osgi::javax.persis tence - starting...
Sep 22, 2010 4:41:56 AM org.eclipse.persistence.javax.persistence.osgi.Activator log
FINE: org.eclipse.persistence.javax.persistence.osgi::javax.persis tence - started

However, when I put a breakpoint in my Activator's addingService() method (from the ServiceTrackerCustomizer interface), it is never called. The bundle start() method is called, but addingService() is never called.

There are no exceptions printed to the console. What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Brett
Re: Gemini JPA issue [message #630524 is a reply to message #624391] Sun, 03 October 2010 19:50 Go to previous message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Hi Brett,

Sorry, I have been travelling for the past few weeks and got wrapped up in stuff and forgot to check the forums.

I noticed that you have loaded the org.eclipse.persistence.java.persistence.osgi bundle. You should only use the 4 EclipseLink bundles listed in the GettingStarted.txt, not the eclipselink javax.persistence one.

Were you able to get the demo bundle working?

-Mike
Previous Topic:Using Gemini for an Enterprise Project.
Next Topic:Gemini source bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:32:37 GMT 2024