Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Another EEF tutorial question
[EEF] Another EEF tutorial question [message #622125] Fri, 12 February 2010 00:22
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
I am starting to get frustrated with the EEF tutorial. I followed it, and I got to the "Generate EEF Architecture". Supposedly, according to the tutorial, there should be:

> The generation produce a partial plugin.xml that you can use
> to fill your own plugin.xml with. It is located in the generation
> root folder and is named like "XXX_properties.plugin.xml".

Where is this file??? I know the XXX can vary, but I do not have any files named anything.properties.plugin.xml.

Either I did something wrong, or it is not generating the file.

I have the standard EMF setup: a model project, and edit project and an editor project. The MyApp.components and MyApp.eefgen files were generated in a model folder added to me edit project.

I added a src-gen directory in the edit project, but it is empty. It does not even show up in the Eclipse tool, but I can see it with any file browser.

I made sure my edit project had a dependency on the org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime. I checked that my editor project had a dependency on this same file by looking at the editor project's dependency hierarchy. The dependency for the editor project is thru the edit project.

I cannot find this partial plugin file that I am supposed to cut and paste with:
> file ( XXX_properties.plugin.xml ) contains all the necessary
> code to declare the properties views, so you can copy/paste
> the contents in your plugin.xml file.

I need some help here.
Thanks.
Previous Topic:[EEF] Forms vs. property editing
Next Topic:An appeal for modeling community review to new "EMF Build Manager Project" Proposal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:02:51 GMT 2024