Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Modeling (top-level project) » modifying ecore and codegen behaviour
modifying ecore and codegen behaviour [message #619733] Wed, 07 July 2010 13:29
stefan  is currently offline stefan Friend
Hi all

I try to - in my view - slightly modify the code generation of the plain vanilla EMF ecore / codegen products. But I do not seem to get anywhere. there is always something either not working as expected, or - more frequently - not working at all.

I aim to:
- create a gen model that offers many fewer editable options (I don't want my developers to be able to make mistakes here) with our desired code-gen setup hardcoded
- change code generation to generate the model implementation into a bundle separate from the interface
- add to all model parts (EClass, EPackage, etc) a first class 'documentation' attribute that is meant to contain all documentation.

I have tried many approaches but seem to drift towards duplicating / subclassing most every part of the framework (i.e. the gen model, the org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenModelGen eratorAdapterFactory, etc)

My question: am I missing something here, or am I on the right track to obtain the effects I want?

thanks in advance for any feedback

/stefan
Previous Topic:Are there standard "eAnnotations" to help metamodeling?
Next Topic:modifying ecore and codegen behaviour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:06:00 GMT 2024