Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Using PDE core and build in RCP app?
Using PDE core and build in RCP app? [message #606168] Wed, 23 June 2010 22:45 Go to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
I would like to use parts of PDE core and PDE build in an RCP application? Is there any documentation on the best/easiest way to do this? For example, PDE core depends upon JDT, and apparently JDT has to be started in some non-lazy way...as I've tried adding PDE core (and deps) to an RCP app...and in such a case it seems that JDT does not startup correctly when PDE class is loaded (get NPE in JavaModelManager initialization).

So in any event...is there any info on how to use/reuse PDE core and PDE build in an RCP application?
Re: Using PDE core and build in RCP app? [message #606171 is a reply to message #606168] Thu, 24 June 2010 16:11 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
It might be worth asking in the JDT newsgroups or getting in contact with Olivier or another JDT developer. As far as I know, JDT can be started lazily.

There is no documentation on reusing PDE Core. PDE Core wasn't designed to be a framework for other plug-ins, though it is starting to be used that way more often. PDE requires JDT, so OSGi should be starting their plug-ins prior.
Previous Topic:Using PDE core and build in RCP app?
Next Topic:Custom Wizard Page Back Button Not Functional
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:09:40 GMT 2024