Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » "Access Restriction" - Is this a PDE bug?
"Access Restriction" - Is this a PDE bug? [message #605421] Fri, 02 April 2010 12:22 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I'm receiving an "Access Restriction" error from Eclipse that I think may be a bug. Basically, it appears that...

If plugin X and plugin Y both import package P, and plugin X requires plugin Y, then plugin X cannot resolve package P and eclipse gives the "Access Restriction" error/warning

However, at runtime, plugin X *can* resolve package P just fine. So OSGI is perfectly happy with these dependencies.

And... if I remove plugin Y's importing of package P, Eclipse no longer reports the "Access Restriction" error.

I don't want to change the error to a warning and suppress the warning because that's too coarse grained IMHO.

Does this sound like a bug or am I missing a concept?

Thanks!
Re: "Access Restriction" - Is this a PDE bug? [message #605427 is a reply to message #605421] Fri, 02 April 2010 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Ebert is currently offline Ralf EbertFriend
Hi bridgersc,

> If plugin X and plugin Y both import package P, and plugin X requires
> plugin Y, then plugin X cannot resolve package P and eclipse gives the
> "Access Restriction" error/warning

this works without a problem for me. Could you produce an example that shows the issue in
isolation?

Greetings,

Ralf

--
http://www.ralfebert.de/blog/
http://twitter.com/ralfebert/
Re: "Access Restriction" - Is this a PDE bug? [message #605432 is a reply to message #605421] Fri, 02 April 2010 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
On 4/2/10 7:22 AM, bridgersc@saic.com wrote:
> I'm receiving an "Access Restriction" error from Eclipse that I think
> may be a bug. Basically, it appears that...
>
> If plugin X and plugin Y both import package P, and plugin X requires
> plugin Y, then plugin X cannot resolve package P and eclipse gives the
> "Access Restriction" error/warning
>
> However, at runtime, plugin X *can* resolve package P just fine. So OSGI
> is perfectly happy with these dependencies.

What package is it? Anything from javax.* land?

Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org
Re: "Access Restriction" - Is this a PDE bug? [message #605772 is a reply to message #605421] Thu, 13 May 2010 12:31 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Thanks for your replies. I've figured out what my issue was... and it turned out to be a java build path setting causing the problem.

So, to restate the scenario: If plugin X and plugin Y both import package P from plugin Z, and plugin X requires plugin Y, then plugin X cannot resolve package P and eclipse gives the "Access Restriction" error/warning.

The issue arises when plugin Y has a build path configured to export plugin-in dependencies.

So to fix this problem, I simply unchecked the "Plug-in Dependencies" checkbox in the "Order and Export" tab of the the Java Build Path for my plugin Y.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:"Access Restriction" - Is this a PDE bug?
Next Topic:Language keys in plugin.xml are not found when plugin is installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:56:23 GMT 2024