Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Plugin Update Site Hosted by SVN Has Problems?
Plugin Update Site Hosted by SVN Has Problems? [message #605149] Fri, 19 March 2010 19:16
Scott Hamilton is currently offline Scott HamiltonFriend
Curious if anyone knows why this is...

I created an update site for a custom plugin. If I point to the update site on the disk, all works great and I can see it in the list of available plugins and install it if I wish.

If I put those files on a tomcat or apache web server and point to that thru HTTP as an update site: all works great.

If I check it into our SVN repository and point to it thru an HTTP link, all the same files are there, but when I point eclipse to it, it shows me the update site name but when I click the plus next to it to open up to see the category and feature, it doesn't work - nothing shows up and the plus disappears, and all I'm left with is the name of my update site in the list. All other update sites using HTTP URLs work great.

What makes this frustrating is that this USED to work up til maybe a month or two ago. Maybe some update in eclipse or pulse caused this to stop working?

If my file/apache based update site with the SAME EXACT FILES didn't work I'd think this was my fault, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone have any insights here?
Previous Topic:Plugin Update Site Hosted by SVN Has Problems?
Next Topic:Opening IProject properties when another (adaptable to IProject) object is selected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:51:06 GMT 2024