Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » classpath reference to plain java project in workspace
classpath reference to plain java project in workspace [message #605085] Wed, 17 March 2010 11:41
Henno Vermeulen is currently offline Henno VermeulenFriend
Is it possible to add a plain java project in the workspace to the classpath of a plugin, instead of an already packaged jar? It should be able to export packages from this non-OSGi project.

I have one big OSGi bundle which contains our non-Eclipse-specific system and its external dependencies (built with the Maven bundle plugin, but that is not really the issue here).

This system itself consists of several projects that are not OSGi bundles. I package these as jars (using Maven) and add them to the classpath of the big bundle. I can then put this bundle on the Target Platform so that it can be used from our Eclipse plugin projects. (It must be unpacked, otherwise Eclipse won't compile to the embedded jars)

All our projects are in one workspace, but the problem is that this non-Eclipse system is under active development and it is a real PITA to build the bundle and refresh the target platform each time I change one class. Furthermore, source linking from the plugins to the non-OSGi projects doesn't work.

So the question boils down to: Is it possible to add a plain java project in the workspace to the classpath of a plugin, instead of an already packaged jar?

If this is not the case I think the best option would be to create one "external party jar" plugin and create a plugin from each project of our system.

The big problem with this approach for us is that we have one CORE project that needs to load and scan files and classes inside other projects that happen to be on their classpath. I am not sure how to solve this problem, see my post http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?p=287958#post28 7958

This cannot be solved by making them fragments to CORE because the classes are from a domain model which need to be known at compile time by the Eclipse plugins.
Previous Topic:classpath reference to plain java project in workspace
Next Topic:How to setup the Debug configuration to use my bundles as jars?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:01:26 GMT 2024