Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Closing a project doesn't close restored editors
Closing a project doesn't close restored editors [message #604950] Wed, 10 March 2010 02:11
Stan is currently offline StanFriend
I have a plug-in contributing a custom editor. Here's my problem... When I close a project, eclipse goes through the open editors and closes the ones belonging to this project. This works fine for all editors that have actually been created -- i.e. the ones opened/viewer during the current session.

The problem occurs when I start a new session, and the editor stack shows several tabs of editors -- the ones that were open in the previous session. Only the visible one gets created, while the other are still uncreated references.

Now I close the project, and eclipse only closes the visible editor (I guess getEditor(reference) for all the others returns null, so they get skipped?) Now the editor below it becomes visible, gets created, and then displays "Resource ....<name>... doesn't exist" because it's trying to show a file from the project that was just closed.

I'm sure I've done something to disturb the order of things, but I don't really know how it should all function in a normal system -- are all editors created at startup, visible or not, or are they supposed to be created and then immediately closed on project closure...? Neither seems like the right thing to do.
Previous Topic:Closing a project doesn't close restored editors
Next Topic:PDE headless build using features fails with optional plug-ins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:53:41 GMT 2024